Monday, September 10, 2007

First Day of School!!


Today was Sammy's first day of school! After much drama about whether to put him in pre-school, where to go, are we really in the program or on the waiting list, etc. We finally worked everything out and he had his first day today. He is in a Pre-K program at the local elementary school and it's Monday through Friday at 7:40AM!! Anyone who knows us, knows that we are NOT morning people (except for Hannah, she's up at 6:30am), but it looks like we are now...

One of the requirements was that he had to be potty trained. We put that off until after his surgery, but with that excuse behind us and the first day of pre-school looming ahead of us...I, of course, procrastinated until this weekend. It was a crash course in potty training (I could write another post entirely on THAT) and I'm proud to say he did well at school (no accidents) and is going strong with going at home. I'm still too scared to venture out on errands without a pull-up...maybe soon.

He was such a big boy today and was so cute with his little "Go Diego Go" backpack and a big smile all ready to go. There were no tears when I left him in the classroom and no potty accidents-- and he was so excited about being at school and kept telling me how much fun he had when I picked him up. I was so worried that he was going to be upset when I left, but he did so well. I know everyday won't be this great, but I'm so relieved the first day went so well.

It's so bittersweet to see my firstborn going to school and becoming independent.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

What a big step (school AND potty training)! Congratulations!

dana said...

Congrats! Sammy looks so cute in his "first day of school" picture. I can't believe you did potty training in one weekend! Yes...please write about it on the blog. I'm oh-so curious.

megan said...

ohhhh boy you must be goooood! Want to potty train caden for me? Hope all is well Doris! And Hope Sammy is loving school still!

Anonymous said...

Hey Doris! Big deal, schoool. Seems like FOREVER ago I was sending my first off to preschool (like 7 years ago!) I guess that ages me. Brittney started her first day of preschool 2 weeks ago. So you sending your first and I'm sending my last. Enjoy it.Like everyone tells you. It goes by really quick.

Love reading your stuff. I feel like I'm feeling keeping up on your life.

Sandy