Monday, October 8, 2007

Portraits


Here are some of the pictures that we took at JC Penneys a few weeks ago. They turned out much better than I thought they would considering Hannah cried and ran away almost the entire time. The two pictures of her here are the only good ones. Which is actually a good thing because I didn't spend a ton.

We always seem to have a good experience at the JC Penneys in Arcadia (we've used them 4 times now), plus if you have a coupon (found in most baby or parenting magazines) it's such a great deal!! The coupon will usually waive the sitting fee ($9.99) and all portrait sheets are $3.99 or $4.99 depending on which coupon you have.

We have tried both Target and The Picture People (expensive $$), but haven't been very happy with the results, so I think we'll stick with Penneys.

He looks so grown up here!

He is definitely the photogenic one in the family!

I LOVE both of these pictures that captures their long lashes, but didn't want to have a bunch of 5x7 or 4x6. I just wanted one 4x6 of each of these which they didn't have. I guess I could have just bought 2 full sheets of (4) 4x6, but I didn't want to keep spending money. Especially since we are doing more pictures for Christmas. Oh well.

So sweet!

Tongue out AGAIN!!

5 comments:

dana said...

Those pictures are adorable.
You're right...I love those ones of their lashes. They both have the longest lashes, which I never noticed before. How beautiful.
And yea, Sammy is great in front of the camera.

Brittany said...

Those portraits ARE good! We've used both Target and JC Penney (they actually use the same portrait company), and have been fine with both. It depends so much upon Alexander's mood... but mostly on who is taking the pictures. Have you ever gotten your pictures back and found that the photographer's (or helper's) HANDS are in it? You know, holding the little clicker-thing? It's hilarious.

Jean said...

Awwwww SO CUTE!!! These are excellent portraits. Your children are so freaking adorable, Doris.

Reese Dixon said...

Hi! Thanks for your sweet comments the other day, they really brightened my mood. I have to go back to the mean doctor tomorrow, so all week long I've been dreading it.

Your kids are so beautiful! What great pictures!

dietcokegrrl said...

Brittany,
I TOTALLY agree that it depends on the photographer and the child's mood. We seem to have really bad luck with the photographers at both Target and the Picture People. We've had a different photographer every time at Penneys, but they all seem to work so well with my uncooperative children.

Hannah was so awful this time, I can't believe we even got one decent picture, let alone two.