Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Fun!

So, this picture pretty much sums up Halloween. Well, at least how it started out. Apparently, no one was in the mood to take pictures.

Sammy was, obviously, a pumpkin this year. I kept asking what he wanted to be for Halloween--Spiderman, Batman, a firefighter, and his response every time was "a pumpkin."

Hannah was a girl from the 50s--check out the "poodle" skirt with kitties on it. I just had to have her wear it. Next year she will definitely be a princess or fairy or some type of sparkly, flowy, girlie outfit--but this year, I had to use this skirt. I LOVE it--the pictures don't do it justice.

Once she figured out that people were actually giving out CANDY, she was all smiles.

Awww, my sweet pumpkin

We got the CUTEST Halloween treat bags from Pottery Barn Kids that had their names embroidered on them. Hannah had a pumpkin and Sammy had a spider. Hannah carried hers all around the house for weeks before Halloween. The girl definitely loves shoes and purses!

Hannah was really getting into it. She tried to open the door to the houses if they weren't answered quickly enough (for her standards) or if they weren't home.

She also got REALLY mad when I tried to go through her bag and pick out a candy for me. She started to yell "no!' "no!" and pull her bag vehemently away. What a stinker. She's never even had candy before Halloween. Apparently, one taste of a Kit Kat and I've created a monster.

Sammy still won't eat any candy (or cookies or ice cream for that matter). I tried to coax him into trying some this afternoon and then thought, what kind of crazy parent am I that I am trying to talk my child into eating candy. He'll figure it out some day...right?

1 comment:

Brittany said...

If Hannah were my daughter she'd be wearing that poodle skirt to church every Sunday. What a blessing that Sammy doesn't want candy! That's great!!