Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Trader Joe's Tuesday: Turkey Chili

So back in the day, Trader Joe's had this AMAZING black bean (vegetarian) chili. It was so good.

The Best.

I loved to eat it with some shredded cheddar cheese when it was cold out, and it was the best chili to make chili cheese dip with. AND it was only 99 cents. Such a bargain. Then one sad sad day, it was gone. And when I asked about it, I was told that it had been discontinued due to low demand. Apparently I didn't eat enough of it. So so sad. I HATE when TJ's discontinues things that I absolutely love. I have a list...don't get me started.

Anyway, I recently discovered their Turkey Chili. I'm usually not a fan of turkey chili AT ALL because I hate the meaty taste in chili, but this doesn't have a heavy meaty taste at all and while there are no black beans, I really like the beans, spices and chilies that are in it. And it totally works for the chili cheese dip...yummmmm. It also is really good to make nachos with.

5 comments:

LauraT said...

I have a list, too, of TJ's discontinued items and I'm still disgruntled about it! Like their sweet and sour sauce - the best out there, and their panko bread crumbs, and many years ago (when I still lived in South Pasadena) they had these chocolate-filled croissants. Well, I guess it's good they discontinued those...

dana said...

I HATE it when things disappear like that! and with no warning!
I'm glad you found a good alternative. And seriously....TJs just packages everything so cute, that I want to buy it all.

Jean said...

This sounds so good for a chilly day like today. I'm glad you found kind of a substitute for the veggie chili!!

Brittany said...

I had no idea they had such a vegetarian chili. I would have helped keep the demand up!

Ted said...

Allison has her own list of discontinued TJ's products - it's not a happy list.