Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Trader Joe's Tuesday: Whole Grain Chocolatey-Filled Cereal Bites


I actually have Lyndsey to thank for this one. She mentioned it on her blog last week and I just had to try it out! (And I also stole her picture since I can't find my camera and am too lazy to look for it.)

They didn't disappoint! Rich chocolate with just a hint of hazlenut (very Nutella-y) and a crispy wheat crust. Sounds kind of weird--tastes awesome!

I think I like them better straight out of the box than with milk, but that is just me. Oh, and don't look at the fat content. Or the grams of sugar. Just tell yourself it has 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein to make up for it.

I let Hannah try one and she walked away eating it and promptly came back and said "more candy, please." Ummmm, yeah. It's that good.

6 comments:

lyndsey said...

yay! so glad you all love them. delicious treat. also i forgot to mention in my post that i think the box design is funny...sort of boring. but what's inside makes up for that, am i right? :)

Tara said...

Once again, I want to run to Cali tomorrow. I know that sounds stupid, but this cereal reminds me of my favorite cereal from Spain. I even mailed boxes of this cereal to my brother Enos on his mission. Can you do me a favor, (and I will remind you in June, I promise), before I go home this summer, can you jot down a list of all your non-parishable favorites, like a shopping list for me? I think you have such good taste. Thank you, and I hope you are feeling well, as well as you CAN feel. :)

Jean said...

"More candy, please"... hahaha!! But seriously, who doesn't want candy for breakfast?

dana said...

Okay, now I REALLY have to try. YUMMMM.

sachia said...

I am right down the street from Trader Joe's and have been on a chocolate kick lately. I love the comment from your poor frien "Tara and family" she sounds like she needs a good dose of Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. :) Hook her up, lady.

megan said...

bought some and am eating them right now...dessert for breakfast..yum