Friday, February 13, 2009

week in review AKA super long post

I guess I need to do an update for those of you waiting to hear if I've had a baby yet.

The answer is no.

I decided to wait on stripping my membranes until I was closer to my due date. My doctor is not working this next weekend, so hopefully I'll have the baby this coming week. Who knows?

In the meantime, we've been keeping busy and trying to stay out of trouble. It poured here on Monday, so after school we met up with Jen and Natalie and went to McDonalds to play. The kids had a blast playing in the huge indoor play area (and eating lots of french fries) while the moms sat and chatted. I only have these three pictures because I was too busy talking. :)

mmmmmm...fries
gotta love McDonalds!

Tuesday we went to the park with Dana and Co. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and the kids had a great time playing the sandbox and throwing whatever they could find into a huge rain puddle.

Hannah usually doesn't play in the sand, but this time
she spent almost the entire time in there
Even Owen joined in
Nothing better than Ritz crackers while swingingI seriously kept waiting for one of them to fall in...

Wednesday I had my OB appt so my parents entertained the kids while I went. I am dilated to a 2. Meh.

On Thursday, Sammy had his Valentine's Day party at school. He has both Friday and Monday off of school, so YAY for a 4 day weekend! Sammy was so excited for Valentine's Day--he's such a sensitive little guy!

Lots of Valentine's for all!
The heart shaped sandwiches were so cute!Hannah usually wants to join right in at the party
table, but was content playingNothing like cupcake frosting!Still entertained by setting the table.Until she found out there were cupcakes to eat!Sammy decided to rock out while vacuuming.
Hmmmmm, maybe I should put him to work at home. This is my favorite picture of the day!
So sweet!
After that we had our surgery follow-up appointment at CHLA. His legs are healing well and except for still having some major swelling, they look great! Our next appointment will be in April and we will set the next surgery date then. It's looking like May is when it will happen.

They have a toy kitty that purrs and everytime we go
to an appointment, Hannah takes her and sits with her the entire time. Oh, and Sammy is showing off his red tongue from the lollipop he got.

Today we ventured out before the rain started pouring again and spent the morning at Chuck E Cheese playing games. I had some tokens left over from Sammy's birthday and thought it would be a good rainy day activity. I didn't tell the kids where we were going, so they were really excited when we pulled into the parking lot. We staked out a table by the little kids game area and let the kids run around and play. Dana and I were content with our sodas (you can't turn down self-serve Barq's and Diet Coke) and we brought snacks in for the kids. No yucky pizza for us!

Back at the air hockey table
Lucy so cute with Bob the Builder
Hannah's turn...while munching on goldfish
As you can tell by my lack of pictures of Sammy, I was chasing around Hannah way more than Sammy. He was content with basketball and skee-ball, so I knew where to find him. So sad I didn't get pics of those because he was so into it. Next time!

I guess I should have done these as separate posts, but now you have a nice big dose of more chips and salsa, right? Hopefully, the next post will be a baby annoucement.

3 comments:

dana said...

Great recap. I just finished with a LONG post too. I always love lots of Chips N Salsa! Keep it coming. And when I asked what you had done yesterday and you couldn't remember? Now I know! Excellent :).
Btw, I've been working on a "hanging out with Doris" post. I'll have to snag more photos from here to post.
See you tomorrow at the church breakfast?..

Jean said...

What a fun week!! Wow, your kids have the coolest mom ever. I do not remember doing this many fun things when I was a kid. Haha! The Valentine's party looks great! I'm excited for fun holiday things like that when Weston's older!

Shannon Brown said...

Cute pics. Hannah is looking older. I'm 2 cm dilated too! But I have 6 more weeks, so I'm hoping this isn't an indication of early labor.