I always seem to hit the Thanksgiving traffic whether I leave on Wednesday or Thursday, so this year I decided to leave for my parents' house on Tuesday--especially since both kids were off of school beginning on Wednesday. Unfortunately, Samuel had to work 2 shifts on Thankgiving and 2 more on Friday, so he stayed home. I'm glad the kitties were here to keep him company--and I brought back lots of turkey dinner with all the sides for him.
Before leaving town, I met up with some friends to have lunch with Lyndsey since she was in town for the holiday. The menu of choice? In-N-Out, of course.
As much as I love my kids, can I just say how nice it was to just have Helene at lunch instead of trying to wrangle all 3 kids, in addition to chatting and eating. So nice and easy.
I got to my parents' house a little after 8:00pm. Yep, 3 hours. Fun times. Actually, the older kids were fine because they had the DVD players in the back, but Helene was miserable. I finally pulled over to feed her, but it didn't really help and she cried/screamed for the 90 minutes or so. I was so happy to get her out of the van!
Wednesday was full of Thanksgiving prep and some fun for the kids. We ate lunch and then headed over to Chuck E Cheese's to play games for a bit.
Hannah liked the game with the bees and the honey jar
This is the kids' table with almost all the grandkids (the babies were at the adult table), only 4 of the 13 grandkids couldn't be there.
And it was just in time too as Sammy came down with the stomach flu this evening. He's been throwing up for the past 6 hours. Poor guy. I'm just glad we're home--it's so hard to be sick when you're not at your own house, especially when you're only 5.
Hope he's over it soon and the rest of us don't catch it!
6 comments:
I hate holiday traffic, especially with cranky litle ones. Glad you still made it to a fab thanksgiving with family. That sucks Sam had to work, way to take one for the team Sam! Hope the kiddos all feel better soon (I saw on FB they are all sick now- yucky!)
Looks like a fun time, except the traffic. Crying babies in traffic...ugh...there aren't many worse things...Glad your back! We should get together soon.
Thanksgiving looks fun! Too bad about Sammy and I saw your status on Facebook! Yuck! I hope you don't get it and I hope the kids get well quickly!
Hooray for a great Thanksgiving with all the fam!! That's such a cute picture of you and Lyndsey. I really hope Sammy feels better soon! Poor guy!
Oh! So many fun pics! And seriously, ALL of your kids look a year older to me! I miss them already.
Very cute pic of you and Lyndsey. And chuck e. Cheese is the perfect kid outlet. We may have to do that when I'm in town :).
Fun post!
Busy week! But it's nice to have places to go with 3 kids depending on you for entertainment!
Post a Comment