Not that that's a bad thing. We need the rain in So Cal and it's been a nice change of pace. I just wish I could stay home in sweatpants, watching movies in bed curled up with my cats--and not driving around taking kids to and from school and making trips to Costco. I just kept telling myself that people who live in Washington and Oregon do this way more often than I do, so I can handle it for a few days. Yep--I'm a trooper!
Monday was MLK Jr. Day, so the kids were off school--YAY! Sammy has been wanting to go to a Clippers game for quite sometime, and since they had a day game for the holiday, Samuel and Sammy finally got to go.
The plan was for them to take the subway down to Staples Center, but it was raining so hard that I ended up dropping them off instead.
We ended up doing the drive thru at In-N-Out (along with a million other people) because it was pouring so hard there was no way I was getting the kids out. Lunch was yummy and even Helene ate a grilled cheese--yep, we start them young in our family. Then it was off to Chuck E Cheese's to meet up with Krista and her family for some games.
The girls had such a great time and it, surprisingly, wasn't too crowded (at least when we arrived). Hannah and Ally were really cute to watch. They would buddy up and do stuff together and then go their own separate ways and do their own thing. Even Helene took a little ride on one of the kiddie rides. Krista and I enjoyed chatting while consuming all the diet coke we could from the self-serve soda fountain. (Sadly, no pictures because I gave the boys my camera to take pictures at the game.)
Tuesday was back to school for all. It was kind of a hard adjustment since we played hookey for part of last week while Val was in town. Helene came down with a mild fever late Tuesday afternoon that turned into a 105.5 degree fever (!) by Wednesday.
Stupid Chuck E Cheese germs.
Totally my fault. I was a hand-washing nazi making Hannah wash her hands a million times, but didn't even think about Helene since she was either in a high chair or being held almost the entire time. Except for when she sat in a train ride for about 30 seconds--although I guess she could have caught it from the high chair as well.
Hannah finally had her very first haircut on Thursday. When I wash it, it's past the middle of her back and it's just gotten out of control and so tangled--it needed a good cut. There was some drama (was there any question there would be?) when Erika tried to get her over to the sink to shampoo her hair. The plan was to deep condition it so she could get the tangles out, but Hannah would have NOTHING to do with getting her hair washed. So back to the chair for some good old-fashioned hair combing.
Erika was so patient and gentle (unlike when I comb Hannah's hair) and while there was still some crying and screaming at the beginning--we managed to bribe Hannah with some chocolate and promises of horchata on the way home to get her to sit still and be quiet. It really turned out so cute!
You'd never know this little one was sick. Just look at that face!
8 comments:
Popcorn Parade is such a cute thing the Kindergarten does every year! My Samuel loved it and still sings the songs occasionally :)
Cute pics... that's all i have time to say because the baby started complaining... but really, cute pics!
Sounds like a pretty good week, even with the sickness and the rain. Cute pics of everyone. :)
We had to start haircuts with Catherine so young that I'm about to take Catherine for her 6th or 7th haircut. And she's not even 3!
glad we got to be part of some of the craziness. there will be LOTS of other opportunities to document our diet coke drinking (er, binging), i am sure.
love that new hannah do! erika is so good.
I laughed at loud when I saw that picture of Helene. So cute.
Love Hannah's haircut! We had to bribe Max with a lolly pop for his 1st (& subsequent) haircut.
Sorry we couldn't connect on In&Out/Chuck e cheese day. Damn that rain!
cute cute pics! I wanted to let you know that I have a shopping cart cover you can borrow if you'd like. Just let me know...i can drop it off or you can come by and grab it whenever if you still need it.
cute cute cute stuff.
Can you tell I'm FINALLY catching up on your blog??
Hannah's hair cut looks adorable.
Hooray for In N Out drive thru.
Hooray for Helene and a grilled cheese!
Cute school play.
And hmmm...anything else...
oh yea, on rainy days I want to forget I have children too. One day we can curl up on the couch like that again, right?
Post a Comment