Why do I always seem to forget this fact? Maybe because we were spoiled last week with cool temps and some rain--a definite rarity in SoCal in October. It was 110(!) just two weeks ago, last week was rain and temps in the low 60s, and then back up to the 90s this week. Ugh.
I took the kids to the park on Saturday forgetting how hot Hamilton Park is and that there is no shade--and so we only lasted about an hour. Long enough to tire out Helene for a nice nap when we got home.
Yep. She's officially a toddler.

Ummmm....can you believe he is going to be SEVEN in 4 months?
How is that even possible?!

Ummmm....can you believe he is going to be SEVEN in 4 months?How is that even possible?!
Ok. No, it's not. Quick story (if you're on my FB, you've already heard it, sorry). So, the other day she points at my stomach and asks me "who's in your tummy?" I quickly replied "no one", but was truthfully was so speechless (i.e. offended) I wasn't quick enough to retort that it was her fault it looks that way since she was my biggest baby, coming in at 8lbs 9oz and 22 inches (no how clue how she even fit when I'm only 5' 3 3/4" and come on...like I'd really tell her that!) So anyway, looks like I will now be saving up for this.
Yes. That's my Diet Coke.And yes, it's empty.
Can't you tell by the look of disappointment?
Speaking of Diet Coke.Can I just say again how much I love the Arcadia In-N-Out? I stopped by for my daily Diet Coke before we went to the park, and got caught in the Saturday lunch rush. I was seventh in line, and the customer placing his order must have been ordering food for an entire soccer team. Ugh! It was going to take FOREVER. And then I get the sign from one of the workers at the "pick-up window" (its one of those old walk-up only In-N-Outs, for those who don't know) who is holding up my extra large diet coke and smiling.
Oh yeah.
Thank you very much.
So, I go the window, get my drink, quickly give them my money and walk away happy.
Totally made my day.
And while I'm making random convo here, I am so loving Mad Men this season. And if this picture posted on Facebook by my friend Farrah doesn't convince me to get back into the entertainment industry--nothing will.


3 comments:
Love your background, first of all. I usually just read from my google reader, so don't always see it.
I can't believe how big Helene is. She was just a baby! They get big so fast!
And about your previous blog, hello, where are the good teachers that don't have jobs? Did they leave the state? That is unforgivable! I am so sorry! Good luck there. Two years in a row...not so good. Glad to see you blogging more again. I need to keep with it myself. :)
Ok not sure what's funnier, your post or reading all the labels that go with this post. You have an "I heat soda" category?! Of course you do! I miss you. Awesome in n out story! Would totally make my day too. And helene is wearing one of hannah's old hairclips! I'm glad they're still around!
Ok not sure what's funnier, your post or reading all the labels that go with this post. You have an "I heat soda" category?! Of course you do! I miss you. Awesome in n out story! Would totally make my day too. And helene is wearing one of hannah's old hairclips! I'm glad they're still around!
Post a Comment