I decided to take the kids to lunch at El Pollo Loco (known hereafter as EPL), their favorite, before heading to the park. Sammy always gets a quesadilla ($1.09) and Hannah and I share a BRC ($1.09)--you can't beat that price!! Sammy has always preferred EPL to Taco Bell up until a few weeks ago. Now he is always trying to talk me into Taco Bell. "Mommy, I like Taco Bell" (hint, hint) "I don't want pollo loco, its yucky" Really? Then why do you eat the entire quesadilla EVERY TIME I get one from there?
Today was no exception. We frequent the EPL on Rosemead since it has a drive-thru (yippee) and it was on the way to the park I wanted to go to. Those of you familiar with Rosemead Blvd, know that there is a Taco Bell directly across the street (and surprisingly also a Del Taco right next to the EPL, but there is no competition there--sorry Dana!) So as we get closer to the Taco Bell, Sammy starts in.
"Mom"
"What?"
"Big Boys eat Taco Bell"
It was all I could do to not bust out laughing. I gave him a big smile and said "they sure do, let's go get you a quesadilla from Taco Bell". He was so excited! While waiting at the drive-thru, he proceeded to tell me how much Big Boys liked to eat at Taco Bell--and that he was a Big Boy. Yep, I'd say he is!
So Sammy got his Taco Bell and Hannah and I had EPL and we headed over to the park. I wasn't surprised that we were the ONLY car there and the playground was empty--it was cold and the park seemed drenched. However, the sun was out and upon inspection some of the slides and swings were almost dry and as long as the sun didn't go behind the clouds it kept us warm enough. We totally enjoyed having the park all to ourselves.
I was excited that it was cold enough to use Hannah's new jacket!Yeah, it's a little big (I bought a size larger so we could use it next year too), but it's still totally cute!!






2 comments:
Honestly your kids are so dang cute...I can't stand it...That Taco Bell thing makes me laugh...what wit! He's right...Taco Bell is yummy...what a smart boy! We ventured out into our yard today and it was freezing, but so worth it...poor Kate was soaked and muddy, but at least she got some fresh air!
I miss you! Don't you hate that I have no phone? My mom is buying me one today because I'm pathetic. The kids are gorgeous, as always, and I'm sad that I'm missing all that rain and forboding clouds, although we've had TONS of snow here in SLC.
xoxoxoox
Post a Comment