This past week was pretty uneventful in terms of activities. New Year's Eve was quiet with the kids going to bed at 8:30 and me at 11:00 since Samuel had to work 11pm-7am. We considered walking down to the Rose Parade when Samuel got home from work, but he was too worn out from working 16 hour days for the past week and just wanted to go to bed. I didn't feel like wrestling two kids by myself plus the crowds of people so we just watched it on TV. It was weird to think that what we were seeing on TV was going on just 3 blocks away...
Hannah has been sick with bronchitis all week--the poor thing just can't stop coughing! We managed a short trip to the zoo with Valerie, but Hannah didn't last longer than an hour. We made two trips to the park this week before the rain storms hit so Sammy could ride his bike around. He just LOVES it and can't get enough riding time in per day. It's so cute to see him riding around with Hannah following close behind pushing her dolly stroller as fast as it will go.
We've been cooped up inside since Thursday afternoon when the rain began. Sammy came down with Hannah's cough and a fever Saturday night, so we stayed home from church today as well. I think we are all going a little stir-crazy from being inside for so long--I know I am. The kids have stayed busy with computer games and too much TV (is anyone else thrilled that Noggin is now 24 hours a day?), but with the sickness and pouring rain we don't have too many options. I've, as usual, turned to food to deal with my boredom. I made Sam take all the cookies and cakes that I've made this week to work for everyone else to eat so I don't finish them off.
Hannah is doing much better today, so I think she is finally over the worst of it. It will be nice to finally get some sleep as she has taken to marathon nursing at night to feel better. I've had little sleep since Wednesday...it's still more than Samuel gets so I can't complain.
I hope Sammy feels better tomorrow--he has missed going to school so much since we been off for the Winter Break and can't wait to go back. He actually began sobbing the first week of the break when I told him that he wasn't going back to school for another week and a half. When he was done he said "You need to apologize to me because you made me sad!" I just had to laugh (not in front of him though). I have to say that I am impressed that he is able to communicate his feelings--that's better than most men I know!
We've had a nice quiet holiday season and enjoyed the break from school (at least I did). And it's been a restful and cozy few days staying inside and wearing our sweats/pajamas all day--sometimes you just need a few days off from the routine.
2 comments:
I'm sorry you've all been sick!!
We've actually had it over here too. Casey was sick for 3 days and now I have it. Ugh. And you're right...the rainy weather doesn't help with cabin fever. Today will be full of too much TV watching for us too.
Hope you feel better!
I like the new blog background. Cute.
thank you soooooo much for all your advice! the pediatrician seriously didn't tell me anything about thrush, so i'm really glad you clue me in (it helps when you actually know what's going on!) first thing tomorrow i'm stocking up on yogurt and trying out the acidophilus...let you know how it goes!
Post a Comment