So, I continue to marvel at how some things are just ingrained in boys and girls as if they were born that way. I remember the first time Sammy played with a car and he made the vrooom vrroom noises and ran it all around the house. It just seemed like second nature to him.
Since we had a boy first, there were pretty much only boy-type toys for Hannah to play with, so I'll never forget the first time she held a doll. She picked it up and held it tight in her arms and cuddled it with such love. How do they instinctively know to do that? Now, don't get me wrong, Hannah totally enjoys playing with trucks, trains, cars and bulldozers with all the boys--but there is definitely a maternal side that showed with that first dolly.
I've decided the same thing is true about boys and girls and fashion. Hannah LOVES purses, clothes--and most especially SHOES. She loves trying on shoes and carrying them around whenever we are out shopping. I've been doing some Ebay shopping lately since all the stuff I purchased for her back when I was pregnant and when she was first born just isn't fitting in the right seasons. Sammy was (and still is) small for his age so I figured Hannah would be the same. WRONG.
She is already in 18-24 mo and has been for a few months now--and all the summer stuff I bought for her is also 18-24 mo, which totally won't fit her come June. So, I've been getting some good deals on 2T clothing on Ebay--some of which just arrived today. (Sammy, by the way, is still in 2T--go figure).
I told Hannah that I had some new clothes for her--and even a new pair of shoes. She ran right over and sat down and held up her foot and said "shoes." So, we put on her new top and shoes and she added a purse--it was too cute. She totally posed for the camera--a rarity, usually she cries and puts her head down when she sees the camera.
On the flip side of that coin is Sammy, who put this outfit together all by himself. He seriously came downstairs from his room one day wearing this outfit--I HAD to take a picture. Admittedly, this was last March (hence the diaper), but still he was older than Hannah is now.
At least I now have the perfect shopping partner...well, I will when she doesn't have the attention span of a gnat.
5 comments:
ha ha. love how she even points her toe to accentuate the new shoes. cute.
fun to read...but have to put in that caden loves shoes....prob not as much as Hannah, but more than I expected. Poor kid takes after his mama in this respect. He is such a boy...I'm sure he'll grow out of it.
those are great pictures! hannah looks so girly. cute!
Don't you just love girls?
Great pics--Noah came down today yet again all gothed out--black pants, black T-shirt with a pirate skull. Now we know those high-school goth years were in our genes--it wasn't our fault. They definitely do come with some pre-programming.
See you at Souplantation!
Post a Comment