Friday, June 19, 2009

More fun with cousins

My brother Mark and his family came out for visit yesterday. Having cousins who are the almost the exact same age always makes for a fun time and instant buddies.

Hannah decided to read on the way--and if you look closely, you can see Mariann in the car behind us.
We started out at Travel Town. It's always fun to climb on the trains.

Ira and Emma

And go for a train ride.

I can already see this being one of those classic childhood pictures. Love it!
Mark and baby Sean
Just had to get a shot of those fabulous curls!
Then it was off to Shane's Inspiration, which is a park that is "Universally Accessible", meaning that it's handicapped friendly. Some of the structures were wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair so Ira started out, but Mark ended up taking over.

Love the pants falling down--classic.
Mark was also the designated swing pusher which was an nice break for me since the only thing Sammy can really do at the park is the swings, every time we go I end up pushing him for at least an hour (last time it was 90 minutes--no exaggeration).

He's getting some nice height!
They also had this really great tire swing that the girls loved.
Yes, I know it's a lot of the same picture, but I couldn't decide which one I liked best...and it's my blog so I can have three almost the same if I want.
Then it was off to everyone's favorite place for dinner--Souplantation.

I meant to get a picture of everyone, but didn't remember until we were all done. And none of the kids wanted to cooperate, as you can tell, but you must look at Emma's face (click on the picture to enlarge). That's chocolate ice cream--awesome.

Thanks for coming to visit you guys! We had a great time!!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Fun times! What a great park.
We're going to my brother's over July 4th. Catherine loves her cousins, too, and will be in hog heaven!

april b said...

What a fun day! Playing with family is the best!

sachia said...

Hannah's glasses are darling, one of my many favorite things on little girls, Oh and curly hair which she does so well!

dana said...

fun! love the pictures on the tire swing!

M & M said...

We had so much fun! I look forward to doing more with the kiddos. I wish I got a picture of Sean with Helene--he thought she was the best thing since mashed bananas! :)

Shannon Brown said...

Your niece looks like you. She could be your daughter.