We went to see Sammy's surgeon last week for a post-op appointment. She was a little concerned about all the movement he had been doing and wanted to make sure all the pins were still in place.
While waiting for them to x-ray his legs, the technician turned to me and asked if there was any chance I could be pregnant since they were having me stay in the room to hold his legs in place. I looked at him and said "ummmm, I better not be! I have a 3 month old!!" and then actually panicked for a brief moment. What if I was?? I would absolutely die because they would be EXACTLY 1 year apart. I quickly got over it and had a nice laugh, but thanks x-ray tech for making me mentally freak out for that brief moment.
His surgeon said that everything looked great and that everything was still in place. YAY! She wanted to re-wrap his casts since they had to cut into them on the day after his surgery because his legs swelled so much and the casts were too tight. Now they were a bit loose. Samuel took him over to the cast room and Sammy came out with hot pink legs. No real surprise there as pink is his favorite color.
So now his legs look like this.

Sammy went back to school today for the first time since the surgery. It went really well and when I picked him up he told me how much fun he had and that he wanted to go to school every day. I didn't have the heart to tell him that school is over in two weeks. Oh well, he'll enjoy these last weeks at least.
And then just for fun--check out this adorable face!
15 weeks already!



10 comments:
Okay, you never told me the story about the xray nurse! Funny! And yes, I'm glad you're not pregnant either :)
Yay! So good to see happy pictures of Sammy. And cute ones of Helene too. :) I love the hot pink legs. That is really funny. And I'm glad you're feeling better about things too... I meant to write my ditto after everyone else's encouraging comments on your last post, but I don't know if I ever actually did it or just thought about it. (Pregnancy brain is killing me.)
woo hoo sammy, rockin the pink casts! way cute. and those pics of helene are SO cute. she is becoming a little person! no more baby blob :)
Ha! Ha! I started reading your post and thought that you were going to announce you were 15 weeks pregnant! I almost started freaking out for you! You really had me fooled with the title! And then, I did the math. I'm glad Sammy is doing better and Helene is adorable!
I'm lovin' those pink boots!! And those pictures of Helene are ADORABLE!!
personally i love the pink casts...he has great taste!
it was so fun seeing him back at school! I wish it weren't ending so quickly!
thanks again for the update!
I'm so glad he is feeling better, and I love a man who is secure enough to wear pink!
Glad to hear he is doing so much better. Very cute pics of Helene.
Love the pink casts! What a great mom that you don't get uptight about it! I love it. Love the pictures of Helene! Hang in there!
What a doll she is. I love those cheeks. That is a funny x-ray story. And I love the pink casts! Too cute.
Post a Comment