I've known Sarah since I was about 8 or 9 when we both took ballet together. A year or two later, I switched ballet studios and we lost touch.
Flash forward to 1988. I had switched school districts that year and was attending a brand new school for 8th grade. There are few things worse than your first day at middle school--and not knowing a soul.
Home room was miserable.
First period was miserable.
Second period was PE and I expected that to be miserable, but I lucked out. I will never forget walking into the gymnasium and quickly scanning the bleachers for a place to sit---and seeing a familiar face.
There was Sarah.
And I couldn't have been more thrilled...or relieved.
I remember her waving to me to come sit with her...and the rest is history. Of the few friends I have actually kept in touch with from middle and high school, I've know Sarah the longest.

We lost touch for a bit during the college years, but thanks to modern technology (YAY for email, Facebook, and blogs) we got back in touch.This past Labor Day weekend Sarah got married, and the the kids and I drove up to Stockton on Sunday for the reception. I was so glad I did. It was so great to see her so happy and to spend some time with her and her family.
A few pics from the evening. They were all taken with my phone, so the color is off on the ones with low lighting. :(
Thanks Dad for chopping off the top of my head. :)
Oh, how I wish the lighting was better in these next two pictures.They are just adorable!
How did these three grow up so fast?!
Seriously...it's killing me!!







3 comments:
I'm going to kill my mother for that last photo! We both have our eyes closed? And was my hair ever really that dark? I know I dyed it darker for a period ... but, my gosh!
So great to see you up in the 2-0-9. Wish we'd had more time to chat. The kids were a total hoot. I LOVE the picture of Hannah and I dancing (it's on my facebook page!
Hopefully, we'll see you soon! Miss you all!
Those are great pictures! It's so nice to keep in touch with those special friends. And how great that she saved you that first day of 8th grade in PE. God is so good!
how fun! What cute photos!! :)
I love it all
Post a Comment