i.e. Hannah is back in preschool.
I won't lie to you. It's been a looooooong 5 weeks and 1 day.
Since we were out of town for most of summer and I wasn't sure what our plans for fall were, I made the mistake of not re-enrolling Hannah in her Pre-K class from last year over the summer. We never had a problem getting in at the last minute before with Sammy and I guess I kind of just took it for granted that somehow it would work out that way again.
BIG MISTAKE.
When I finally went to enroll her the week before school started, we were #7 on the waiting list.
Uh oh. Not a good sign.
I gave it a few weeks figuring people would drop out like they do every year, so I would occasionally call to get a status, but it was never good news.
Meanwhile, I began to panic.
What if she didn't get in?
Where else am I going to send her at this late in game?
Most importantly, how am I going to not go absolutely insane having her around all day with the endless amounts of energy and need for structure (so not my thing, as you know) and socializing.
She was so disappointed that Sammy got to go to school and she didn't. We tried to fill in the time doing fun things and hanging out with friends, but she really missed school.
I will spare you all the details of the bureaucratic crap...I mean red tape...that I had to deal with to get her back in. Especially considering the open spot she finally got had been available since the first day of school! But long story short--she started on Wednesday.
And everyone is thrilled.
(Picture is blurry because she wouldn't stand still.)
Her teachers were so happy to have her back in class and her friends from last year who are also in the class were jumping with joy. It was really really sweet.Hannah and her friend Jasmine, who was in class with her last year
I'm just happy to (finally) have three hours of peace and quiet...and a little one-on-one time with Helene.
4 comments:
Hooray! Now you'll have to help me navigate it. I called to get Max on the wait list today at Sierra Madre. Just waiting on the nurse review, state approval & letter first (talk about red-tape!)
yay for being back in school! Hannah looks like a little model in that last photo. Lover her pose!
So you finally got her in to Sierra Madre and the spot was open from the first day of school?! Agh! Well, glad she's back with her buddies! And that you have some peace of mind with just little Helene! Yay!
OMG, I totally know how you feel!! If Catherine had an extra 5 weeks of "summer," I quite possibly would have lost my mind. I'm so glad Hannah finally got in!
Post a Comment