I'm either becoming a really lazy blogger...or I just don't have the time I used to.
Or maybe both.
Whatever the reason. I am doing one big Halloween post.
You know you love the long posts anyway.
So we started out the Friday before Halloween in full costume for our weekly music class.
Hannah hung out with Lauren.
Whatever the reason. I am doing one big Halloween post.
You know you love the long posts anyway.
So we started out the Friday before Halloween in full costume for our weekly music class.
Hannah hung out with Lauren.
Then we headed over to Hannah's class for a little party.Helene spent a little time reading before we left.

...they wanted absolutely nothing to do with the pumpkin guts.Notice how carefully the spoon is being held to avoid any contact with the insides.
Saturday was our annual Trunk or Treat for our church. I wasn't going to dress up, but at the last minute I remembered I still had some scrubs. And seriously, the only thing more comfortable than scrubs are sweats (or yoga pants). So instant comfy costume.A win-win I say.
Helene was obsessed with this huge cat in the back of this van.
We lucked out and got the In-N-Out truck again.(They first did it in 2008, but sadly I don't have any documentation on my blog about it. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE???? I AM SO ASHAMED!
My only excuse is I had pregnancy brain at the time, I guess.)
You know I worked the refills as much as I could,and even had my own 44 oz cup (was there any question?)
I had three in 2 hours. Impressive, I know. :)
A super fun start to the Halloween weekend.Halloween night started out like this.
Yep. Good times.
Helene wouldn't pose for the annual front door picture.
She was all smiles once we stopped trying to take pictures.(I took this really quickly)

I made the mistake of telling the kids I like Almond Joys.Do you see all the Almond Joys they got at that house alone?
Multiply that by about 20.
Yeah...I've got a LOT of those to eat now.
Although sweet of the kids to pick them out just for me though
since neither one of them will eat one.
Just don't be surprised if I'm 20 pounds heavier next time you see me.
All smiles...albeit a little tired.



















4 comments:
Great pictures! Sounds like a fun Halloween this year. And I am SO jealous of all that easy-access diet coke from the In-N-Out truck! You must have been up all night long from the caffeine and the potty trips!
Ok, so I have to know how you guys can get In-N-Out on the ward budget? Did you have to pay for your own food or does your ward have a bigger budget than ours does?
Shauna
Shauna-
The Trunk or Treat was a combined activity with the Arcadia ward, and both years someone in that ward generously paid for the truck to be there and all the food was free. Nice, I know. :)
None of it came out of either ward's budget, as far as I know. They definitely made a point of saying how the church did NOT pay for it.
I love the long posts! Your kids look adorable and oh how I miss the Arcadia Trunk-or-Treat ala In-N-Out!
(provided by private donations)
Post a Comment