Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lots of Field Trips!

We have been busy this past week enjoying the beautiful warm Southern California "winter" weather by visiting lots of outdoor places.

We went to Travel Town last week with Dana, Sarah and Shannon and had a great time exploring the trains and going on a mini-train ride with all the kids. We have been there quite a few times, but the kids always love to go.

Off to check out the trains!

There are some great hiding places on these old trains!

The kids all ready to go for a train ride!

We went to the Arboretum on Friday and fed the ducks and just wandered around. There is so much to see there and the weather perfect. It's one of our favorite places to go and we usually try to go at least once a week.

There was no school on Monday for Sammy, so we met up with some of the other moms from MEPAF and spent the day at Descanso Gardens. I know I keep saying this, but the weather was so nice and just perfect. THIS is definitely why we live in Southern California and just one more reason why we don't want to leave. The kids had a great time exploring and playing in the dirt. We left a little early because it was waaaay past Hannah's nap time. I am noticing that the second child definitely gets lesser quality naps than the first child.


Sammy and Hannah exploring the maze

Lucy and Hannah hanging out!

Group picture!!

Today, we went with Sara and Eliza to the LA Zoo to see the new Gorilla Exhibit that just opened. It is very green and lush, although the gorillas didn't seem like they had quite adapted to their new surroundings. We visited Spider City AGAIN--it's definitely one of Sammy's favorite things to do when we visit the zoo. He's going to be sad when that exhibit is gone. The weather was HOT (see, I didn't say perfect!), but the zoo wasn't crowded at all so it was a nice outing.

Hannah is not quite tall enough!

There she is!!
I don't have many pictures from our zoo visit because I was too busy chasing my kids around because no one wanted to sit in the stroller today. Sammy was bit of a nightmare today (due partially to lack of sleep and partially just because he is 3). He passed out in the car within 5 minutes of leaving the zoo. Poor guy. I thought the time change would help to get everyone to bed earlier, but it seems like we somehow shifted bedtime an hour LATER...I'm not sure how that happened, but it sucks. Seriously, its after 10:00 and I can still hear him chattering away on the baby monitor. Sigh. 6:30am is going to come so early for him tomorrow.

Here is Hannah being goofy tonight talking on my cell phone with a bowl for a hat. Maybe she gets a better cell phone reception with the hat?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey doris. i think my computer has commenting issues because i have tried to comment on your blog before and it wouldn't work. anyway, love the photos. i need to take Noah to travel town... he would be in little boy heaven. i was trying to pick out all the pasadena ward kids in the picture... awww. i really need to visit soon!

Valerie Wise Christensen said...

From Ben: I think it is fun that you went to all those outdoor places. I was on the trip to Descanso Gardens. Ben

Jean said...

I love all these pictures! All the kids are so adorable in our ward, and there's such a cool group of moms. So fun!!