Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Card Drama!

I had such great plans to get our Christmas cards done and out by Dec 10th. However, I didn't make that goal. Here is why.

I wrote my annual Christmas letter the first week of December, so that was done--along with updating my Christmas Card address list database. Now I just needed to get a super cute picture of the kids in their Christmas clothing.

There was a particular dress that I wanted to get for Hannah and I've been eying it on Ebay for months. Every time it was listed it, would go for over $20.00 (plus whatever they were charging for shipping). The bargain hunter in me just wouldn't pay that much. I just kept waiting and watching--and I finally got it NEW WITH TAGS for the bargain price of $13.50 plus $5.00 shipping. Even though it was after Thanksgiving, I figured I was still okay with my timeline.

Well, it took the seller over a week to get it to me, so now we were into the first week of December. Then, I had to find the perfect shoes to go with it. I'm not sure why I didn't think about the shoes sooner--I just didn't. So, back to Ebay to find a bargain. That took some time too since her foot is so wide, I wasn't confident about buying a pair that might be too tight. After over a week of deliberating with myself, I decided to go with good old reliable Pedipeds that she always wears because I know they fit well and are super cute. I lucked out with another seller on Ebay and got a great deal on these. They arrived on the 17th. Sigh. Luckily, I already had Sammy's outfit ready to go.

So, now to get a great picture. I was set to take the kids back to JC Penneys and was all ready to do so when Hannah had huge fall--and landed right on her forehead. She fell face first on some asphalt so it also scraped her head a bit. She had a large red lump and some scabbing. I obviously had to wait for THAT to heal before we could take pictures, so there went another week.

I then decided to just use Costco to do our cards since they had a great deal on photo cards--50 for $15.99 and you get it within 24 hours of submitting it!! Who can beat that price?? It's way better than Penneys, so I set out to take my own photo and get this done!! Which leads me to this post.

I have tried over the past 3 days to take just ONE decent picture of my children. I have taken more than 50 pictures. And I don't have ONE that had both of them smiling/looking at me/not moving/not making a goofy face/not running away/not grouchy.

So, for those of you offended that you didn't get a Christmas card from me this year...I didn't ignore you, I'm apparently just sending out New Year's cards at this point. And I am seriously considering calling JC Penneys in the morning to get an appointment for tomorrow.

Here are some of my attempts for your enjoyment.

This one makes me laugh! When I got the camera out, they both leaned forward with these HUGE grins and yelled "CHEESE!"

Did you notice my feeble attempt to make these more "professional" by using a white sheet to drape over all the furniture? Too bad the kitty condo is right there in the background---oops! The more I look at this one, it isn't all that bad...maybe I'll use this one after all.



1 comment:

Michele said...

Here is a copy of the poem I sent with my cards - I understand your pain!

T'was the week before Christmas and we could see,
A picture was needed of our children, all three.

We needed a card to send out our Love,
With hopes of Peace on Earth, and honor to the Lord above.

As our sweet children posed, our three angel dears,
bared their teeth, rolled their eyes and shed a few tears!

But wait what is this? Oh! What joy, what gladness,
We finally got it, despite all of the madness.

Now here us exclaim, as these are mailed out of sight,
“Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night!”