Thursday, December 13, 2007

Our new favorite place to play...

I just LOVE the Pottery Barn Kids store, but let's face it: I can't afford 90% of what they sell, so I rarely go in there. Last week, my sister was looking for this year's PBK advent calendar since the store by her was sold out. I told her I would walk up to the store by us and see if they had any and check out how cute it was in person versus the catalog.

Of course, the minute we stepped into the store, the kids wanted out of the stroller to play. Who could blame them? With toys like this and this and plenty of room to roam--it would have been my dream play room as a kid!


They even had a little table set up that was covered with butcher paper and crayons so the kids could color, and a little reading nook with comfy chairs and several bookcases full of books. Sammy spent most of the time playing with this--not a big surprise. Hannah loved this, but not for $59.00...sorry. And she kept carrying this around and chatting away. We seriously were there for an hour!




Some of the salespeople gave us funny looks, so I kept trying to pretend like I was really shopping and my kids were just keeping occupied. Then I saw another mom actually sit down on one of the beds and start reading a magazine while her child played with the toys, and I decided that I wasn't the only one who had discovered what a great play place this was! Since we don't have the space (or the $$$) to buy all these fabulous toys--why not just come here and play for an hour or so and then go home?


I think I'm onto something here...we've already gone back twice. Maybe I'll actually buy something the next time we go.

3 comments:

dana said...

Okay, that is so hilarious....b/c we have done the same thing week! Twice!
Lucy loves pushing the stroller/buggy around and playing with the kitchen set. It's the best!
But where is there a PBK around? I wish there was one in the Santa Anita Mall. We went to the ones at South Coast Plaza and Mission Viejo malls.
Is it at the Paseo?

The Hyer Family said...

Love the idea...I'm totally there...without the wallet.

dietcokegrrl said...

The closest one is on South Lake Ave., so its walking distance for me. YAY!

Hmmm, maybe we should all meet up there one afternoon and let the kids play and we can all chat.