Yesterday was a gorgeous day--total So Cal perfection. We are finally getting some cooler weather! YAY!
Jean, Dana and I made plans to go to Panera for lunch--always a favorite. I got broccoli cheese soup in a bread bowl to get into the autumn mood. So yummy. All the kids did well--especially Owen considering he had the stomach flu...poor little guy. Thanks to Lucy for sharing her "little people" toys with Hannah. I have got to get some of those!
After that we headed home for a much needed nap for Hannah and I (have I mentioned the ongoing insomnia I am having with this pregnancy?) and we slept for 2 hours. YAY! Samuel left for work and I took the kids over to Lacy Park for some fresh air. I called Megan to see if she wanted to join us, but she was already there. YAY! Perfect timing!
His legs are looking better and better!
Today we woke up to much cooler temps (Sam wanted the heater on when he got out of the shower this morning and I refused--we just had the a/c on two days ago!) and I was thrilled to put on jeans and a long sleeved shirt. I also realized that the only shoes that fit Sammy are his sandals, so it looks like we need to buy some tennis shoes. You know I love an excuse to do some shopping! I plan to do that next week.
I had a hard time getting motivated to get dressed and get on with our day this morning which resulted in my wasting quite a bit of time on the computer. I decided it was time to get going when Sammy said to me "I am going to take this book upstairs to read, is that okay?" I turned from the computer to see what book he had. It was the phone book. I laughed (not out loud, of course) and told him he could take it upstairs and that I was finally going to get ready.
We headed out to Vina Veija park because everyone keeps talking about how great it is...and it didn't disappoint. I think the kids were thrilled to just be at a new park instead of the same three we always go to and the equipment is newer so they had a blast! The weather was absolutely gorgeous with a nice cool breeze. It was so nice to be outside without sweating from the overwhelming heat.
He looks so tall to me in this picture. In fact, this week I actually put away all of his 2T jeans (finally) and have moved him into 3T. HOORAY! I thought this day would never come. I mean, we certainly got a ton of wear out of the 2T jeans, but it's so nice to actually see some proof of him growing!
Mmmmmm...french fries
2 comments:
Seriously yay for the cooler weather!! Looks like the kids got a lot of fun park time in. I love lunching at Panera! Yum!!
Yes, Hannah looks so old in that last picture! And so cute in her little hat!
I've been loving the weather too. Fun to meet up with you and Jean (despite the chaos). And I hope you feel better soon!!!
Post a Comment