I recently found this ready made Chicken Enchiladas in Red Sauce located in the refrigerated section. I usually don't buy the ready made items because they are usually totally overpriced, but one night a few weeks ago, Samuel wanted enchiladas and I really didn't feel like making them, so I went to Trader Joe's in search of some ready made ones. (How is that for a run-on sentence?)
Sam really likes enchiladas in red sauce (and I always make them with green sauce), so I thought these would be perfect for him. I was right! Even I really liked them--the sauce is delicious! If they sold it in a can or jar, I would totally use it for my enchiladas.
They use corn tortillas (which I prefer to use as well for my enchiladas) and all white meat chicken for the filling (I hate dark meat), so it was totally up to my standards--and did I mention how awesome the sauce is?? It's topped off with cheddar cheese and black olives. Perfect. I make my own spanish/mexican rice and beans to go with it because Sam must have rice and beans with any Mexican food we make. If you need a good spanish/mexican rice recipe, email me!
There are 4 in a container and for $4.99, I think it's a great deal! It takes just 15 minutes in the oven and is ready to go. Perfect for one of those nights you don't want to cook!
6 comments:
Sounds delicious!! How I wish Utah had Trader Joes!! I would LOVE a good spanish/mexican rice recipe-- my e-mail is lexiandelin@gmail.com... thanks!!
hooray! you're back to blogging AND tj tuesdays! :) these look yummy, thanks for the tip.
Glad you're back! I'll be trying these :)
Yum! Will have to grab one of those next time I'm in town. I love enchiladas!
Looks quick and easy...my kindof cookin'. Thanks for the tip!!!
Yes, my TJ referals are back! I'll add this to the list.
Post a Comment