I officially have a Kindergartener--and I surprisingly don't feel old like I thought I would (ask me again when Sammy is off to junior high). I am excited for the summer break (hooray for sleeping in!), but also for Sammy to officially start school in the fall.
Here are some fun pictures from today.
Getting his certificate.
Of course, Hannah had to be a part of it too!

Some playtime outside while the parents set up for the party.
I was happy to see that he was still able to play and have some fun outside despite the wheelchair.

Hannah found a playmate inside.

Each teacher received a scrapbook with a page dedicated for each student.

There was lots of food, as always!

The four of us!
Helene was soooo tired and it was totally her naptime, but there
was just way too much going on for her to sleep. Poor thing.

Group shot with all the teachers

One more group shot with Sammy this time

We will miss his wonderful teachers, but Sammy is so excited to go to Kindergarten. My original plan was to put Hannah in this program this fall, but since we weren't able to get into this elementary school for Kindergarten, there is no way I am driving to this school to drop off/pick up Hannah and another school to drop off/pick up Sammy. Especially when the school Sammy will be going to is just a few blocks away and this one is about a 15-20 minute drive.
I am still on the fence about what to do with Hannah. I would love to find a full day program for her--I think she would love it. This one that Sammy went to was only 3 hours a day and I just don't think that's enough for Hannah...or me.
Congratulations Sammy!
5 comments:
yay sammy! congratulations!!
wow, i can't believe he's old enough for kindergarten either. but that is so exciting. i love the little family pic -- you guys are adorable.
cute pictures! sorry that caden made his way into so many of them!
and i was going to ask you today if you were sad, but didn't get the chance. so, nice to hear(read) some of your feelings.
interested to find out what you do with hannah!
Cute. Congrats Sammy! I'm glad he could be there for the big day.
Cute family pic of you guys.
Wow! A kindergartner! I can't believe how big he is!
You survived your first graduation ceremony, congrats! They seriously grow up fast.
This blog is perfect for a question I had for you. Mike was talking about putting Max in a pre-school kind of class a day or 2 a week this fall. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but wondered if you knew of any that you would recommend?
Post a Comment