Today was Hannah's first day of preschool--my little girl has grown up so fast! She is going to the same Pre-K program that Sammy went to. I was a little sad taking her there today knowing that Sammy was at a different school for Kindergarten. And it's annoying to have to drive back and forth to two different schools since they aren't both at the same one, but we love the teachers and love this Pre-K program, so it's worth it.
Love the pose...

I wasn't sure if we would even make it to this point as Hannah needed to be potty trained before school started and we weren't doing so well with that. All of a sudden--it clicked for her and she's been accident free since the morning of Sammy's first day of school. I've been putting a pull-up on her at bedtime, just in case, but she has woken up dry every morning and even woken up in the middle of the night to use the potty. HOORAY!! I'm so glad we finally made it!

I was glad that she was so excited to go, and it really helped that everything was familiar to her since we've been taking Sammy there for 2 years. There were no tears and no hesitation at all. She asked me while we were driving to school if I was going to go with her. I told her that it was just like nursery at church--I would drop her off and then come back in a little bit. Then she asked what was I going to do while she was there. I smiled--thinking of how blissful 3 hours with just Helene would be. I told her nothing exciting, just running some errands and doing some things around the house.
This was her face when I picked her up. She had such a great time and was so proud of herself. I am excited to see how much she grows this year.
6 comments:
Yay for a potty trained, preschool-attending Hannah!!! She is so stinking cute. I love the curls!!!
Great pictures! I'm SO glad that you had those 3 blissful hours with a sweet baby who doesn't talk back, have accidents (no expectations there yet), or climb all over the furniture. Yay for you! And yay for Hannah! That brings back memories of when Chloe and Sammy were in pre-school together. How things change...
she is too cute! so happy for you about the potty training! yah!!
she's so cute -- and looks so grown up. awesome 1st day outfit.
and how WAS your time w/ just helene? you didn't blog about that blissful time :)
She looks so old in that first picture! SO cute!!
Darling lil Hannah aka sass-a-frass!
Post a Comment