Sunday, September 19, 2010

First Day of 1st Grade!

Sammy looks so excited, doesn't he? With school starting so late this year, we were all getting a little stir crazy and climbing the walls. Tuesday could not have come soon enough!

He was especially excited to see that his friend Nick was in his class. Nick is such a sweet, polite, and all-around nice boy--and his mother is just as delightful. I was just as happy as Sammy was, it seemed like a good omen.

Apparently that was wishful thinking.

So, what am I not happy about? Oh, just the fact that he doesn't have a teacher. Well, not a permanent teacher. He's had a different substitute every day this week--although I've been told that the "real teacher" should be starting on Monday. Hmmmmm, I won't hold my breath.

Sammy doesn't seemed to fazed by it, I think he's just happy to be back at school. And so I'm trying to not complain. I realize I tend to get worked up over things that really aren't as bad as I think, so I'm working on that. (Shut up, don't laugh!)

But really people. Really.

How hard is it to find a 1st grade teacher by the first day of school? Especially when you hear about ALL the teacher layoffs in SoCal.

Whatever.
After all the drama last year...I can't expect much from this school...and so I won't.

All right. So who wants to bet me a Diet Coke that he won't have his permanent teacher tomorrow? (Oops...is that my bad attitude showing through again? Sorry. Baby steps....baby steps.)

2 comments:

LauraT said...

The bet is on! (only because I want to see if I can get a free Diet Coke out of this teacher thing!) I think Sammy will have his new teacher tomorrow. Call me and let me know if we should meet at In-N-Out on Monday or Tuesday. One of us is paying up! Yay for Sammy for having such a good attitude. And baby steps are great.Keep making them one at a time.
Laura

Jean said...

AHH!!!! This school is fired.