Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patrick's Day at the zoo

My nephew Jonathan is visiting my parents for Spring Break from high school and we all went to the zoo on Monday (well, all except for my mom who does volunteer work in Burbank every Monday).

It was a beautiful day in the mid-70s--you've gotta love Southern California! Sammy was thrilled that the kettle korn guy was back in business by the flamingos! What is a visit to the zoo without kettle korn? We got our bag and headed off. We were a little slow going since both Hannah and Sammy wanted to walk and not sit in the stroller. It was so nice to have Jon around to put Sammy on his shoulders.

And nice to have Grandpa to help me corral Hannah. Hannah loves her Grandpa!

Our visit wouldn't be complete without yet ANOTHER visit to Spider City! I've actually lost track of how many times we've been there...it's at least 9.

Sammy just loves spending time with his cousin Jon and will talk about him for days after we see him. Jon, who is 15, is always so helpful whenever he comes to visit--he always takes over the role of Sammy's buddy for the day and watches out for him and keeps him entertained. I wish he didn't live so far away or he'd be my permanent babysitter...lucky for him I guess.

We left just before 1:00pm--time for lunch! In-n-Out was the choice for everyone.

Hannah was worn out and fell asleep on the way home. She easily transferred from car to bed without waking up. YAY for me!!

1 comment:

dana said...

Fun trip!
Nice to extra helping hands at the zoo. And yum, I want In N Out. You and I need to go there again soon.
I like Hannah's little shirt. cute.