Sometimes I feel like the everyday comings and goings really aren't exciting enough to post--I mean its the same routine for us: get up, drop Sammy off at school, drive home, get ready for the day (i.e. shower), check email/ebay, pick up Sammy, go to the park or zoo or Travel Town or Arboretum or home (you get the idea), eat lunch, put Hannah down for a nap, do laundry/clean or play with the kids, make dinner, bathe kids, get kids to bed, computer time for me, go to bed, get up with Hannah 1 or 2 or 4 times a night. Repeat Monday-Friday, variations on Saturday and Sunday. See how simple it seems when its all written down? THIS is why I quit my job to stay home with my kids because as mundane as it may see to others--I LOVE being a mom and doing my job.
Now that I have that off my chest, here is a quick run down of the past few weeks...if for no one else but myself in 20 years:
- we went to Travel Town and rode the train--kids LOVED it as always, but we cut the visit short when Sammy fell and got a bloody nose.
- we went to Noah's Ark (again) with Kristen and Jonny for Noah's birthday, the kids had a fabulous time as always. I let Hannah climb in the rafters this time (I went up there with her) and she had a blast and thought she was such a big girl.
- we went to the Arboretum with Valerie and the kids, I'm pretty sure this will be our last visit there together before she moves. We had a great time just letting the kids roam around while we talked. The highlight of the day was Noah climbing onto the leaning tree by the pond and then proceeding to pee off it, looking just like a Grecian statue. Classic.
- we met up with the other moms from MEPAF at Lacy Park for park day--the weather has been fabulous the past few weeks, with one exception...
- which was the garage sale we had at Valerie's was the one day of freezing cold and drizzling rain, it was still fun to hang out and spend time together before she moves. I made the kids sit in the car with the portable DVD player watching Elmo for the first hour because it was so cold, the rest of the time they (and all the other kids) played with the toys we were trying to get rid of. I won't forget how eager Ben was to get rid of some of his stuff and make a little money. He walked up to every person who showed up and tried to peddle his things--and man, he is a hard sell! We finally had to tell him to tone it down and let people be, but I still thought it was totally funny.
- Sammy went to a birthday party for a girl in his class and both of his teachers came as well, one of whom plays the guitar. They were all sitting in the circle singing while she asked for requests (I was on the other side of the backyard supervising Hannah on the swing set) and I hear Sammy requesting that they all sing "Follow the Prophet" (which is a song they since at church for those friends of mine who aren't LDS and have no idea what I am talking about). He kept telling everyone that this was his favorite song and he wanted to sing it...I had to come over and explain to him (and the teacher) that "Follow the Prophet" is a Sunday School song, so not everyone knows it. He seemed okay with that, but was disappointed that they wouldn't be singing it.
- Speaking of "Follow the Prophet", Sammy wants to hear it whenever we are in the car (we have the CD), so for the past 3 weeks...no joke...we have listed to that song EVERY TIME we are in the car. I just put it on repeat. The best part is that he knows all the words (well, he doesn't really know what all the words mean, so he says things that sound like the actual words) and Hannah now sings along too. It is HILARIOUS...I have got to get the camcorder in the car sometime to capture the entire performance. Priceless. ALMOST as good as their performance of "Whatcha Want" by the Beastie Boys. Another favorite song of Sammy's.
- I FINALLY got my hair done (YAY for tax refund money) and had it blow dried straight (thanks Erica!) and when I got home, Sammy couldn't stop patting my hair and telling me "I like your haircut Mommy". I think he told me 10 times in a 20 minute period--he sure knows how to lay the compliments on thick. What a sweet talker that boy is.
- Hannah's new thing is to tell me "Watch this Mommy" and then proceed to do some dramatic thing like jump and then fall to the floor or attempt a somersault, etc. She definitely loves to be the center of attention.
- Hannah is definitely her mother's daughter--I let her have a small taste of one of my Cadbury mini-eggs (YAY for Easter) and she followed me around for the rest of the day saying "More chocolate please Mama". She even got the package off the table and tried to open it herself...I may have created a little chocolate monster.
4 comments:
I was not bored at all. I liked all the details. And I love your hair (I always love your hair, but the new color is fun)
hey doris. i was going to email to say you were pretty much right on with your guesses when you last commented on my blog (except for 1). but then i thought it would be more fun to comment here since i haven't for awhile.
i wish you hadn't reminded me it was cadbury mini-egg season. i loooove those things. we just got past 2 weeks of birthday cakes, and now we're going to load up on easter crap. oh well. that's what holidays are for.
So cute! I have the same love/hate feelings for blogging!!! Great chocolate cake last night...I want the recipe!!!
I hear ya! I often have things to blog about, but am not motivated to do so. Thus, the sparse blog posts :-)
Post a Comment