Yesterday was Sam's birthday. I won't give out his true age... but he is getting close to retirement. heehee. Just kidding. He's in his 40s and that's all I'm saying.
As many of you know, he's been working a TON (80 hour work weeks), so we haven't seen him as much as we would like, but last night we were all able to go out to dinner as a family. And I am yet again reminded just WHY we don't do that. At all. I spent most of the time trying to get Hannah to stay seated in her highchair. After I gave up on that, I spent the rest of the time chasing her around the restaurant. Sammy at least sat still, but wouldn't stop declaring (loudly) how "yucky" everything was and that he didn't want to try anything.
I was a nice wife and made a cake. I actually made a cake from "scratch", not a mix, mind you, but actually measuring out all the ingredients. I have been trying to avoid cooking/baking with prepackaged, processed food and all the crap (i.e. preservatives, artificial colors) they put into EVERYTHING we eat.
The cake looked and tasted like cornbread.
I ran out to Von's and got a cake mix. sigh. I DID make the buttercream frosting from scratch and it was yummy, so at least something turned out right.
To prove that he is officially "old" (his words, not mine), he had to get reading glasses last week--I picked them up from the optometrist a few days ago, but this was the first chance he had to wear them.
The kids wanted to help blow out the candles. Yes, that is Sammy's Hot Wheels city there on the coffee table. He won't let me put it away. And yes, the guys are wearing matching shirts--they actually planned that.
Happy Birthday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment