Sammy's school was canceled today due to the fires in the local foothills. I considered spending the day doing laundry and cleaning up, but decided that wasn't very fun for the kids. So we went to one of our local parks that we like to go to, but couldn't find any parking (only street parking is available there, so we usually walk but not when it's already 88 degrees at 11am!) We drove to another local park, but the fires and smoke were quite visible and I was concerned about the kids breathing the air, even though it didn't smell smokey. So, we ended up a tiny little park that is actually just a few blocks from our house, but we have never been there before--I always forget it's even there.
We stayed about an hour, then got some lunch at El Pollo Loco and headed home. I tried to get Hannah down for a nap, but she would have nothing to do with it.
We headed out for a walk to Trader Joe's to get a few things. I actually got a call from them this morning telling me that I actually I won their weekly raffle for $25 in free groceries! You get an entry every time you bring in your own bags for groceries--I NEVER win anything, so this was exciting.
When we got back,
Dana called to see if we wanted to meet up at Paseo to play in the fountains. Since it was 100 degrees today it sounded like a great way for the kids to cool off. I wasn't sure how Sammy and Hannah would take to it. Although they LOVE water--they don't like getting their face or clothes wet unless it's a bath or a swimming pool.
They kind of stood back and watched Lucy play happily in the water getting soaked. Then they finally joined in and had a blast.









I don't know if you can see how wet Hannah is, but both kids were soaked. I was a total loser mom and didn't put them in their swimsuits and didn't bring a change of clothes--or even a towel. Fortunately, it was so hot they didn't mind getting totally soaked. They had a blast! Thanks for calling us Dana, we'll go back anytime!
When we got home, Samuel wanted to go to
Souplantation for dinner (yes, Valerie, you read that right...I know I was just as shocked), so off we went. It's lemon month--one of my faves.

Hannah recently discovered ice cream, so she was excited for that. If you ask her if she wants ice cream, she'll tell you "ice cream good."

Sammy, of course, ate hardly anything and played with his cars. It will be a great day when I can get that boy to try a new food and realize that there are other foods in the world besides cereal and quesadillas.
All in all, a much more fun day than staying home and doing laundry.
2 comments:
Cute pictures! (I may have to steal a few for my own blog) and I'm so glad that Souplantation came to fruition. Yummmm. I like lemon month too.
Have fun on your 4 day getaway.
I thought Souplantation was hallowed ground! A sacred place you would only enter when I was with you!! Sigh.
I hope you ate enough for both of us.
Love and miss you.
Post a Comment