Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Trader Joe's Tuesday: Garlic Basil Linguine Pasta

This week's feature is one my new finds and makes such a quick and easy dinner-- less than 15 minutes.

Trader Joe's Garlic Basil Linguine Pasta is so flavorful--this is definitely NOT your typical linguine! It cooks up fast, just 4 minutes in a pot of boiling water and then stir in Trader Giotto's (Trader Joe's Italian line) Alfredo Pasta Sauce. I find the sauce to be quite mild and really allows the garlic basil in the pasta to stand out. I think if the sauce had more of a kick, it would smother the full flavor of the pasta.

I added in some steamed Trader Joe's Organic Frozen Broccoli Florets, but you could also add in some chopped chicken breast for a little more protein. Sprinkle a little Parmesean and Romano cheese and you've got a quick and yummy entree.

I also like the Trader Joe's Complete Spinach Salad to go with this. (no picture--we just ate it Sunday and I haven't bought more yet).

Any of your typical Artesian or French breads would go well with this, but if you are looking for something different, try the Garlic Parmesan Flatbread. It tastes great and it makes the house smell divine!

4 comments:

megan said...

are you proud of me?? I remembered today was trader joe's tuesday and came by! yaya! It sounds sooo delicious...just wish I had the energy to go to trader joe's right now :-) Is that flatbread in the freezer section? I really want to try it!

dietcokegrrl said...

Megan--I'm so glad you remembered!

Yes, the flatbread is in the freezer section--I should have mentioned that...let me know if you try it!

Shannon Brown said...

Sitting on the couch, on the computer, and pop I remember! It's Tuesday, Trader Joe Tuesday. Thanks for posting. I love hearing about foods to try.

Shelley said...

Yummy-- that sounds so good. I miss TJ's. I think they should pay you to write those up!!