Friday, May 30, 2008

Have some time to waste?

So lately I've become a bit of an internet addict.

I mean more so than usual.

I miss the days when I got paid for it. You know...wasting time at work when things are slow. Ahhh, the good old days. Now I feel guilty that I'm neglecting my kids/house/spouse while surfing away.

Oh well.

So here is one of my newest favorite sites. It's everything I want to say and more--only with a lot more wit. So great--it makes me laugh out loud ALL THE TIME! A great site for a little pick me up.

I love this one because it is full of really pretty things and it's a quick read--just little snippets about the random lovely thing she found that day and a pretty picture. I love this one (I'm trying to talk Dana into making one for me) and this one.

This site is another one that is good for a random laugh, as is this one which is similar in spirit.

I also have gotten into Facebook thanks to my old friend Sarah (heehee-just kidding Sarah!). We've known each other since we were 9 or 10. I'm so old I can't remember exactly when it was, but I know it was ballet class at Betty Lasley's Dance Studio.

It's so weird to find random people from high school and college whom you haven't thought about in probably 15 years (did I just date myself?). I can spend hours just searching for people. And if you can't find them there--check out LinkedIn.

I am also, of course, guilty of blog hopping like a mad woman at times. I need to stop doing that though because sometimes it makes me feel bad about my life and my trials because hey--everyone's life seems better on a blog right? Most people don't blog about how crappy things are. And everyone's life seems better when you just have a glimpse into it and not the whole picture. At least that's what I tell myself.

I am actually thinking about starting another blog anonymously just so I can vent about how lame things are at times. haha!

Ok, so have fun and waste some time of your own. And feel free to pass along any gems that you can't live without checking on a daily basis.

Apparently you don't need to do laundry as often as you would think.

3 comments:

B Brown said...

If Dana makes you those adorable head bands, I WANT ONE! even though I have no daughter, Mike promises me I will some day :)

dana said...

haah. I know yes, in my spare time when I'm not also hanging out in cyber space, um...yes, I need to make one of those! I haven't forgotten about the cute little headbands. Maybe when Hannah's too old for headbands I'll be done with it.
But I'm SO glad you showed me A Room Somewhere. It's a great addition to my google reader.

SG said...

Uh huh ... facebook was totally my fault? I beg to differ. And yes, we are so old that I no longer remember how old we were when we met in ballet class either. So, we're like 22, right?