Saturday, May 17, 2008

Water and more water

It's been super hot here the past few days, so on Friday we went to the Paseo again to play in the fountains. We were supposed to meet up with Dana, but naps didn't work out as planned (for either of us) so we missed each other. As I mentioned, Hannah wouldn't nap at all, so we headed out to Paseo earlier than we originally planned. Hannah, of course, fell asleep on the walk over. Sammy played in the water just for a bit, but there were 4 more kids playing as well so he decided he wanted to play with his Hot Wheels (or are they Matchbox?) cars instead. He got too hot playing in the sun, and came and cuddled with me on the chair I was sitting on in the shade.

I just love what a cuddly little boy he is. He sat on my lap and just rested his head against me for a bit. That's all the payback in the world a mom needs. I could have sat there forever.

But then, he got distracted by the escalator and off he went. Sigh. I ran into Danielle and April just as we were leaving--we had already been there for over an hour and I was ready to go. Maybe next time we can coordinate our schedules and our kids will nap at an earlier time!

Today we drove out to my parents house to do a little swimming and stay cool. Hannah got ready to go by getting the swim diapers.

Mark and Mariann (bro and SIL) were there with their kids and they brought a friend with her 3 kids as well. We all had a great time swimming and just watching the kids have a blast. The kids just couldn't get enough of the slide.

Sammy's turn!

Mark and Ira

Sammy and DaddyHannah and I

Playing on the waterfall!

Hannah wasn't too sure about all the splashing from the waterfall

Time for a little rest from the pool

Hannah wanted me to sit with her on this little chair. Ummm, Hannah, YOU barely fit on that chair...there is NO WAY I will. Sorry.

They got in a little jumping time on the trampoline before a quick BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs dinner.
Then off we went back home. Poor Sam worked the night before (11pm-7am) and still hadn't slept AND still has to go back to work tonight at midnight. It was so nice to have him there to play with us in the pool!

Hannah fell asleep quickly on the drive home.

Sammy just wouldn't give give up staying awake, but zoned out for most of the ride home. He fell asleep about 20 minutes from the house. Always nice to get back home...and turn on the air conditioner!

2 comments:

dana said...

That pool looks SOOO refreshing. I want to jump in there RIGHT NOW.
Glad Sam was able to spend the day with you all!

Pollock Palooza said...

Cute blog! I LOVE blogging! Thanks for the pics. We had so much fun at your parents house!