I like to fancy myself as being quite the chocolate connoisseur. So for me to make the statement that these are THE BEST brownies is really quite bold.
But they are.
Yes, they call for an entire stick of butter (don't even THINK about using margarine!) But hey, that's really no different than 1/2 cup of oil that other brownie mixes call for.
Except it tastes better because it's butter, not oil.
The trick is to underbake them just a smidgen to get them gooey, but not runny. In my oven I've mastered it at about 23-24 minutes. But every oven is different (i.e. my oven sucks), so test it out on your own.
And yes, Lyndsey, I know you posted about brownies today too. I haven't had Ghiradelli brownies in ages, so I can't dispute you! We'll have to have a bake off.
3 comments:
I have a box in my cupboard right now, just waiting for the right moment! (thanks to you, that is :) )
yay for brownies! man, i think we need to have a bake off...just to settle this once and for all (and so we can gorge ourselves on them of course :) yet another fabulous reason to love TJs.
I have to second that declaration. Those truffle brownies are SO YUMMY! I do agree that the Ghiradelli ones are great, too. I haven't bought them in years, though, since they stopped carrying them at Costco (or maybe I just moved somewhere that they don't carry them at our Costco).
Post a Comment