Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Trader Joe's Tuesday: Truly Handmade Sun Dried Tomato & Habanero Tortillas

I was going to post this sooner, but I was too busy WATCHING THE LAKERS GET BLOWN OUT IN GAME 6!! Whoo hoo!! GO CELTICS!!!

Anyway, these are an old time favorite of mine. I discovered these years ago when I was searching for an alternative to high fat (but oh, so yummy) flour tortillas. I do like corn tortillas, but only for enchiladas.



These are so flavorful and yet surprisingly low-fat--so they're perfect for quesadillas or burritos.

I like to use Trader Joe's Shredded 3 Cheese Blend, not only because it tastes good, but because (like ALL of Trader Joe's brand dairy products) it is rBST free.

That's right. All their yogurt, cheeses, milk, cottage cheese, sour cream, ice cream, etc. DO NOT contain rBST. The only dairy they carry that don't specify not having rBST is the "brand name" dairy products--although most of those are organic brands like Stoneyfield which don't use rBST either, but I know TJ's has Rondelle (is that the name?) herb cheese spread around the holidays and I don't think they are rBST free...but I could be wrong.

Anyway, it's good stuff...check it out!

No comments: