Friday, October 24, 2008

Are the elections over yet?

I don't usually rant on my blog. It's really not my thing and I want to just use this as a family journal, but I am soooo tired of all the election talk and can't wait for it to end.

I have read some crazy things on people's blogs and just have to say that some of the things that people have posted have really lowered my opinion of them. Seriously people, can you not think for yourselves? Do you have to spew out the hate of talk show hosts (both TV and radio) and continue to spread rumors and propaganda?

I refuse to post anything political on my blog because I don't want to have the discussion here. If you want to know how I feel...ask me.

That being said, Valerie had a great post today with a highly enlightening quiz about where you stand politically--and not just "left" or "right". Check out her post here. Apparently, Ghandi and I are like-minded...who knew?

November 4th CANNOT get here fast enough. Rant over--thanks!

6 comments:

dana said...

AAAAAMEN.
(and between you and me and whoever else reads these comments...I mostly look forward to the day so that I don't have to hear the words Prop 8 any more and don't have to feel guilty about the 2 pages of names I haven't called yet or not standing on a corner for 6 hours holding a sign. really? Okay, I'm done.)
Great post :)

lyndsey said...

AMEN. i've actually cried twice during this stupid election season. chalk it up to stress or lack of sleep or whatever, but i am OVER people being so mean to other people. i cant wait for nov. 5.

Jean said...

I KNOW. Thank you for expressing yourself!! I am SO ready to just get this election over with. I feel like it's been foreeeeeever now.

SG said...

Um, YES. Swing state living is getting me down. Pennsylvania has been inundated with visits from both sides, nasty commercials, and general meanness. I'm going to declare my apartment's independence - it's a country all its own ... welcome to "Sarahland". There's one house rule: don't be rude (funny enough, this is the same rule I give my undergraduates on course syllabi).

Angela said...

Girl, I'm with Sarah. My address may be in the most Republican state in the union (SC), but my TV comes from one of the most hotly contested states (NC). I can't get away from the ads!!! Seriously, I would take a Vonage or Charmin ad (both of which I hate) over the political ads I have to see during EVERY commercial break, not to mention the phone calls and mailings. Tell me, why do I get mailings for an NC candidate when I don't even live in that state!!!

As for the quiz, I'm not sure how much more in the middle I could have been. Smack dab on the middle line and 2 squares to the left.

Angela said...

As for election day, I'll be on a plane most of the day (after I vote, of course), unable to track any results! And since I'm flying from East Coast to West, election day will last 3 hours longer for me.