Monday, October 20, 2008

New Laptop

No, I didn't get one (I wish). The kids did.

Sammy got this great laptop from my parents last Christmas and he just loved it! He took it everywhere--and I loved it because it kept him occupied when I went places like the doctor, lunch with friends, etc. Then one day, we couldn't find it anywhere. He was so heartbroken. We're guessing he must have left it someplace. I was going to get it for him for Christmas, but in this Sunday's Target ad, there it was. On sale for $14. He noticed it right away (the kids like to look at the Target ad with me--I've trained them well!) and he was so excited!

"Mom, do we have $14?"
"Yes, why?"
"Look, right there! It's my computer and it's only $14!! Can we go get it, please??"
"Well, not today because it's Sunday, besides maybe you should wait for Christmas and see what you get then."
"Oh mom, I can't wait for Christmas and it's only $14"

Seriously, the boy is 4 and he already is bargaining with me for toys in the Target ad...and knows how to read the price too!!

"Well, let me talk to Daddy and see what he thinks" (Samuel was at work)
"Can we call him right now??"
"Not right now he's busy, I'll talk to him tonight"

When Sammy got home from school Samuel was still home since he was working the late shift, so Sammy showed him the ad and told him what he wanted. Samuel told him that he could get it (of course), AND had a $10 Target gift card that he gave to Sammy to help pay for it. It was so cute and Sammy was so excited.

So off we went this afternoon to Target to get his laptop. They also had it in pink and I just couldn't resist getting it for Hannah...plus I knew it would help avoid any fights over whose turn it was to use laptop if they both had one. It was worth another $14 for the peace it would bring.

As soon as we got home, we opened them right up. Pure joy!

5 comments:

dana said...

Sounds like you found a way to occupy your entire afternoon! Awesome laptops.

lyndsey said...

how fun...gotta love those simple pleasures :)

Jean said...

That is awesome!! What a good deal. I'm glad that Sammy's happy again, and that Hannah can partake of the happiness too. :-)

megan said...

hmmm...very tempting!! is it still on sale? :-) what tech savvy kids you have!

LauraT said...

That laptop looks great. I'm now tempted....I'm sorry to hear you had the stomach flu. What a drag. Hope you're feeling all better. What did you decide about the high res ultrasound? Hope you're sleeping better, too. Pregnancy and sleep didn't go together for me this last time around either. Hang inthere! Keep me posted! Laura