Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I took the kids out to my parents house on Wednesday since Samuel was scheduled to work all week. Despite the fact that it took over 3 hours to get there (usually takes 90 minutes...gotta love LA traffic), we had a fun time.

We went straight to Mark and Mariann's for dinner--the kids had a blast playing with their cousins, Ira and Emma.

And Hannah was loving her interactive baby doll (i.e. new cousin, Sean). I know she is going to think our new baby is a real dolly just for her.
My brother Mark made a delicious batch of brownies
Thanksgiving was full of lots of yummy food--all my faves: sweet potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes w/gravy and mom's famous orange rolls. There was also this cranberry-apple dessert that was so delicious. I was too stuffed to have it after dinner, so I took some home and ate it tonight. So good!!!

Thanksgiving dinner (at the adult table--I didn't get a pic of the kids table)
Even though compared to Sammy, Hannah is a great eater. She wouldn't eat anything we were serving, so she had goldfish. She was happy to share them with Emma.
After dinner we all relaxed. Grandpa's chair is a favorite for reading...the phone book apparently...
...or just hanging out
(no comment on what a cow I am--my excuse is that I am 28 weeks pregnant)
And Hannah always loves to raid Grandma's jewelry box
We left Friday morning to be sure and get home for the Old Pasadena Holiday Celebration that evening...plus, the kids were missing Daddy. Hope everyone had a great holiday!!

4 comments:

lyndsey said...

what a fun thanksgiving! great job on the photo documentation...my fave is the one of sammy reading the phone book. poor kid. :)

Jean said...

Hooray for a fantastic Thanksgiving!! I love that kids' playroom - totally sweet. And I love that Hannah ate Goldfish for dinner. :-) That reminds me of my brother when he was little - he never wanted the Thanksgiving food, so he'd eat a bologna sandwich instead. Haha!

dana said...

Your brother Mark's house looks like too much fun! That train table?! Great fun.
Glad you guys had a nice time. And glad to see you on Sunday too!

Valerie Wise Christensen said...

Oh Brother, Doris, you had me all excited about REAL fat pics and I came running. You look cute as usual. Now you want to see some REAL fat pics, just ask. :)

xoxooxox