We started out with a Halloween party at Sammy's school. They don't allow costumes, but did have a crazy hair/hat day. I forgot, so Sammy didn't have either one, but it looks like only a handful of kids remembered.
I love that they always include Hannah and let her participate in the class party. She was excited to sit at the table with all the kids.
Then we (finally) carved our pumpkins in the afternoon. We would have done it earlier, but it has been so hot here we didn't want them to get moldy before Halloween. Last year Sammy wasn't very into it (and Hannah was still a bit too young), but they thought it was really funny this year. Well, not at first, but Daddy made it fun for them.
Here are just a few shots from getting ready for Halloween and actual Trick-or-Treating. Sammy wanted to be a pumpkin (again), luckily his costume from last year still fit. Hannah wanted to be ghost, then a spider--I finally talked her into being a princess. Her dress arrived on Thursday (last minute Ebay shopping) and we put it on that afternoon to make sure it fit. She just loved it and wouldn't take it off. So I guess we made a good choice.
The skirt needed some poofy-ness underneath it, so with some last minute ideas from Dana, I safety pinned some tulle that I still had leftover from my wedding (see THIS is why I never throw anything out!) all around a diaper cover from one of her Sunday dresses and it worked perfectly to add some volume to the skirt.
The skirt needed some poofy-ness underneath it, so with some last minute ideas from Dana, I safety pinned some tulle that I still had leftover from my wedding (see THIS is why I never throw anything out!) all around a diaper cover from one of her Sunday dresses and it worked perfectly to add some volume to the skirt.
Taken with Samuel's camera
7 comments:
what a fun halloween! the kids look super cute in their costumes. i can't wait to see them in person tonight! :)
The costumes are fabulous!! Great idea with the puffy skirt. Looks like they made out pretty well with trick-or-treating!
so cute, looks like you got hannah's costume in time!!
the costumes turned out great!! and I'm glad to hear your kids are starting to like candy! I wish I only liked 2 kinds...maybe then I"d have a better figure
thanks for taking pics of caden!!! for one thing, it showed me just how much sugar he had that day...caramel apples, cupcakes, and who knows what else?! for another, so fun!! thanks again!
Hannah's costume looks adorable on her. I'm sad we didn't see you earlier at the Trunk or Treat. I didn't any pictures of your kids!
I love the costumes! Great photos, too.
What a busy day! It looks like you guys really took advantage of every opportunity to celebrate. Our ward doesn't really do Halloween parties. I tried to start one this year, but it fell through. I love it here, but I sure do miss Pasadena and all my friends! I'm jealous that Sammy, Hannah and Caden get to play together. They are all so big!
Post a Comment