Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Trader Joe's Tuesday: Chicken Empanaditas

I am not going to do a post about Candy Cane Joe-Joe's because I think almost everyone has already tried them and knows of their yummy goodness, but just an FYI--they are in stores now! YAY!

Today's featured item is Chicken Empanaditas. I bought these a while ago and totally forgot about them until the other night when I was looking for something to eat. While they certainly don't compare to Porto's--they are quite tasty and definitely hit the spot that night. The crust is flaky and moist and the filling is a yummy blend of chicken, cheese, peppers, cilantro and spices. Not spicy, in case you were wondering. You can find them in the freezer section. Would be a great appetizer for a party!

2 comments:

lyndsey said...

mmm those look good...your TJ tuesdays always make me hungry. and seriously...who doesn't know about xmas joe joes by now??? :)

Jean said...

Yum! All those little appetizers in that freezer section look good. Must try them ALL!!!