Sunday, March 16, 2008

sleep...precious sleep

So this past week has been a difficult adjustment to Daylight Savings Time for all of us. Sammy won't go to bed before 9:00pm and Hannah...well, let's just say Hannah is completely off her schedule. She has taken ONE nap this entire past week--that's it. My solution to that was putting her to bed at 6:30pm, but it didn't work out entirely in my favor as that resulted in her being WIDE AWAKE at 3:30am and me not being able to get her back to sleep until 5:30am or 6. I tried once letting her take a late nap (since she was obviously tired) from 4:00pm-6:00pm, but you can all guess what that meant for me...yep, bedtime at midnight. Sigh.

Yesterday I tried again to get her to nap at her "normal" time (I'm not really sure what that is now...), but she wouldn't go down. Then around 4:30pm, she was begging to nap. Really. She followed me around saying "nap, nap". At least she knows when she is tired and wants to sleep! I nursed her for less than 5 minutes in the rocking chair with the TV on (I'm addicted to this) and she was passed out cold. So, I put her to bed expecting another late night. She was up at 6:30, we ate dinner, I gave the kids a bath and put Sammy down at 8:30. Hannah and I folded laundry and played a bit and then she actually was ready for bed again at 11:00pm. YAY!

Today after we got home from church she kept following me around saying "nap, nap." I kept thinking that there was no way she would nap this early (it was noon). I offered her some lunch, but she pushed it away saying "nap, nap." Okay, I'm not going to argue if she wants to nap! I nursed her for about 10 minutes and she was fast asleep. I was so excited! Normally I nap with her on Sundays, but Sammy still needed lunch... She slept for three hours--it was so great! I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies and since I was taking dinner to my friend Jean (who just had a baby), I started on that as well. I even read the Sunday paper in peace and watched this (one of my other favorite shows).

Hannah woke up so happy and I was just thankful for the break. Here's hoping we are turning a corner on the time adjustment and everyone is back on the 7:30pm bedtime train.

1 comment:

dana said...

Ugh, sounds like a long week.
I hope today starts a new precedent!
SLeeeeeep!