Tuesday, April 1, 2008

10 things I hate about today...

1. Being 20 minutes late taking Sammy to school this morning because there is so much freaking road construction by my house.
2. Breaking my sunglasses while trying to grab Hannah before she walked in the vomit on the floor at the doctor's office.
3. Waiting 2 hours to see Hannah's doctor.
4. Spending no more than 7 minutes with said doctor after waiting the two hours.
5. Getting a $40 parking ticket because I missed the meter expiring by less than 2 minutes because I waited 2 hours at the doctor's office.
6. Sitting in traffic for 50 minutes to get home from the doctor's office.
7. Finding out that the voucher I purchased off Ebay for a free LA Clippers media guide (for Samuel), while still valid, is of no use if the Staples Center store doesn't have any left.
8. Having both kids fall asleep on the drive home resulting in kids not being sleepy when bedtime has arrived. Sammy fell asleep sometime after 9:30pm, and it's now past 10:00pm and Hannah is still awake.
9. Getting Hannah out of her carseat after finally arriving home from doctor's office, only to realize that she has peed through her diaper and jeans and completely soaked the carseat cover.
10. Going to make some fabulous (albeit fattening) Trader Joe's truffle brownies to make up for my crappy day, and realizing that my 8x8 pan is still at Samuel's work from when I made brownies for his office.

Seriously, time for me to go to bed.

ADDENDUM 4/2/08:
11. Hannah woke up this morning with a slight fever, a runny nose like a faucet and a cough. I HATE going to the doctor's office...

9 comments:

dana said...

Oh...sounds like a crappy day. I want to eat brownies with you. I'm glad you always have some on hand :)

The Hyer Family said...

Wow, I almost cried for you...that's when a good swear word comes in handy and makes you feel oh so much better...sorry about the sucky day...that one definitely deserves a trophy...why the heck are you waiting 2 hours for your MD? Do you usually have to wait that long?

megan said...

What a sucky day! Seriously! I have to ask...where and who is hannah's doctor? That is stinkin ridiculous! And I hate the parking nazis...$40 for 2 minutes late...been there. I was actually walking to my car when my meter expired once with caden in one hand the carseat in the other. I saw the parking enforcement person walk right up to my car and start putting a ticket on...he was literally waiting the last couple of minutes for it to expire....they are evil I tell ya :-)

Thomas said...

I'm sorry but the part about you breaking your sunglasses trying to avoid the vomit on the floor made me laugh. I am sorry about your sunglasses though. Days like this will seem funny later right?

La La Land said...

OH MY GOSH! What a horrible day! I am so sorry. Did you finally get something chocolaty in you?

The Facks of Life said...

Sigh! When I have a day like that I wonder how I'm not a heavy drinker. Let's hope they're few and far between for you, that's the only way to stay sober!

Shelley said...

Doris, how miserable. That's the kind of day when you just go to bed because nothing good can come from staying awake. Oh yeah-- that' what you do before you have kids. Hope today was better.

Michele said...

Crappy days are the worst. And parking "officers" are evil spawns of Satan. I'm so sorry.

Allison said...

Thanks for the birth control!