Wednesday, June 18, 2008

last day of school and other fun stuff

It's hard to believe that Sammy is all done with his first year of preschool! He absolutely loved it and I have to laugh at myself now for having any reserves about whether or not he would like going everyday. He is sure going to miss it this summer!

The official last day was today, but they had a potluck breakfast and certificate distribution yesterday. We all participated in "circle time" and then ate some food and then certificates were handed out. The kids had the option to go home early or stay for the rest of class time. Sammy, of course, wanted to stay and so I went back home to get the double stroller since we had plans to go to the Arboretum after school and I knew that I would need it.

Some of his classmates posing for a group picture. Hannah wanted to be a photographer too, so she found a toy camera and pretended to take pictures too.
Hannah with the camera
Singing time in the circle with Ms Bush
Story time with Mrs. Holland
Time for food
Certificate time!

It was the free day at the Arboretum and boy was it crowded! We actually found some shady parking and went on our usual route. We brought plenty of bread to feed the ducks and geese--and so did everyone else!

The geese were actually nice this time...I guess there was so much bread being thrown around they didn't feel like they had to fight over it.
Lots of turtles in the yucky water
We even got close to an egret who was eying the fish in the water. He actually caught one right in front of us, but left quickly with it before I could get a good picture.
Lots of ducks hanging out
Here is a momma duck with her ducklings
Sammy in front of the waterfall
And Hannah wanting pretty much nothing to do with the camera

It was so hot!!! We were all sweaty, hot and tired so we left after only an hour. Hannah and I had a nice long nap when we got home.

And here is the official last day of school pictures from today.

One last circle time

YAY for school!
Hannah is going to miss school as well--she loved it when we arrived early to pick up Sammy so she could play with all the toys all by herself.
One of the kids in his class has one of those golf cart-type electric vehicles and gave all the kids rides after school. Sammy thought it was so fun!

So, school is officially done. We have some fun plans for summer and I have to say that I am sooooo looking forward to not getting up early for the next few months.

5 comments:

Jean said...

Yay for Sammy!!! What a fun time at preschool - they go all out! Glad you had fun at the Arboretum too - I should totally bring bread for the ducks next time!

lyndsey said...

aww looks so fun. love hannah's sunglasses :)

La La Land said...

I can't believe he's big enough to graduate!! I love the photo of Hannah with the camera...priceless!

Nicole said...

yay sammy! He is getting so big! It was fun to see you guys at the touch a truck, we'll have to go hit the zoo or something when we're bored this summer!

Angela said...

Fun! Try not to melt out there. I guess we all take a turn being the hot spot.