Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our new family member

Yes, it's a bit early for me to announce, but I am already becoming a cow, so I am making it publicly known.

We are expecting baby #3 in February!

I will be 11 weeks on Wednesday, we've seen his/her heartbeat and everything looks really good. Also, we have decided that we aren't going to find out if it's a boy or girl since we already have one of each--and it's not like I need to buy anything in advance for this one. I figure it will be a fun surprise AND will save Samuel a ton of money by my not doing any shopping in advance. (No comment on how much shopping will be done AFTER he/she gets here!!)

So if you have seen me recently and have noticed that I am looking a little fat (you know you were thinking it), it's really that I'm pregnant and at that awkward "not cute round pregnant belly, just chubby looking belly" stage. As my doctor told me at my appointment, "well, it IS your third...let's just say that it's not like you'll be able to hide this one from anyone."

Sammy wants a baby sister (go figure) and Hannah doesn't have an opinion yet. Although I am a little concerned after today when I saw her giving kisses to her baby doll and I told her how sweet it was for her to give baby kisses and she replied, "No, I bite it". Great. Is this a sign of things to come?

I am officially stating for the record that I think it's a girl, just going on the mom vibe (I was right with Sammy and Hannah) and pregnancy symptoms so far. We'll see if I am right in February!

12 comments:

Jean said...

AAAAHHHHH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Okay, you still look great... you even walked right in front of me at church, and I didn't even notice. THAT'S AWESOME!!! Yaaaay, we'll both have February babies!!! :-D

april b said...

Congratulations!!

dana said...

Congrats again! I think the mom vibes are usually right. Maybe she'll be a little girl Sammy this time. Who knows. Yours and Sam's gene pool seem to have limitless combos. Me and Casey? Pretty sure it'll be blonde/blue eyes. I wish there was more excitement.
And I agree, you still look great.

Megan said...

Congratulations

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!!! I am excited for you and your family. I could never wait to find out because it would drive me crazy, so kudos to you! Congratulations again!

kristen said...

congrats Doris! you must have a good mother's intuition because I had no 'vibe' at all about noah. i just wanted a girl at first because i had recently seen some cute baby girl clothes at Target. anyway, I'm excited for you guys.

megan said...

congrats again!!! Can't wait to see what baby #3 looks like!!

Angela said...

Congratulations!!!!

Shelley said...

Yeah. Congratulations!! That just gives us a reason to eat more at the Souplantation. Hopefully you are feeling good enough to go:)

Brittany said...

Great! Congratulations! I love the Hannah baby doll story. That's so funny! So what will be the age differences between all your kids?

La La Land said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I had no idea!! You DO NOT look fat!!!!

SWilliams said...

Congratulations, Doris! We are very excited for you about baby #3. I also just read about Hannah's little adventure with her neck. Kids are such fun, aren't they? I hope you continue to get good news with her. I know how stressful things can be with that kind of stuff (all of Brady's exciting hospital and bizarre medical problems) so make sure you follow through with everything.
Love ya lots! Sandy and family