I know banana bread is the easiest thing to make, but sometimes your bananas aren't ripe enough or you just don't have any in the house. My mom used to always freeze old bananas for making banana bread later, but I always hate waiting for them to defrost. And don't try to defrost them in the microwave...just trust me on that one!
I love Trader Joe's Banana Bread Mix because it has a great flavor, I think it's because it uses some barley flour in the mix which gives a yummy taste and makes it surprisingly light. Sometimes I think banana bread is way too dense and heavy, but not this one! I love the texture and taste of this bread, and it makes your house smell heavenly.
2 comments:
What a fun surprise to find a comment from you on my blog...the one nobody ever reads, even!
I think I'll be logging on regularly to visit your Trader Joe's Tuesdays post! I can't tell you how much my life used to revolve around that store. I miss it SO much. (Second only to all the friends we left there.)
Thanks for stopping by.
And feel free to stop by my other blog sometime too: http://divergentpathways.blogspot.com/
(p.s. Totally Feudian - the word verification has Joes in it)
I MISS TRADER JOE'S!! Boy, if I had a dollar for every time I said or thought that...
Post a Comment