I have been spoiled in the past when for several years we used to be able to stand/sit on the roof of the United Artists theatre in Old Town (Delacey and Colorado, where Tiffany & Co. is now) because my brother used to work there. We never had to worry about getting a seat or fighting the crowds--or having to find a bathroom. It was so nice.
It was a bit of a struggle maneuvering the stroller once I got to Colorado Blvd. with all the people, but Lyndsey came by and saved me at that point and we got to where L&B were sitting with no problem. We had a great view and the weather was absolutely perfect!!
Here are some pictures...okay a LOT of pictures! Like I said, we had a great spot!
This awesomely tall robot started it all!
I loved the cute purses at the back.
Her hair is blond and I didn't recognize her until Lyndsey pointed it out! (nice call Lyndsey!)
She was looking the other way when I was trying to get a good picture.
Poor things.
the fabulous leopard print on some of the uniforms!
Awesome!
I loved the back with the huge tree!
Jack in the Box himself.
TOTALLY AWESOME!
I was pretty tired from walking and standing so much (and holding Hannah for most of the time because she was picky about who held her), but it's always worth it. The parade was great!
The saddest thing was when I got home, Sammy and Sam had just gotten up about 20 minutes earlier and Sammy was in tears about missing the parade. I couldn't believe he slept in until 10am!! He NEVER does that. Even when he has gone to bed past 11pm, he is always up by 8 or 8:30am, so I thought for sure that they would meet us. Poor guy. I tried to tell him that he needed to go to bed (and stay in bed) when it's bedtime so he can get up early for things like the parade, but it was hard to reprimand him when he was already so sad about it.
6 comments:
fantastic recap! man, you are so good. great photo taking skills :)
How fun that you go every year! There are some great benefits to living in thta crazy expensive market. Great weather too. :) Great pictures too. Love the Rose Parade!
Great recap! You got so many great pictures! You guys really did have good seats. I loved the Jack in the Box float too...it was a total party as it rolled by. I wanted to get up and dance along.
So sad that Sammy missed it and was upset about it. You're right. Next year!
And BUMMER about the United Artists hookup. I guess some good things have to come to an end.
Those pictures are great! How fun! I was born in Pasadena and have lived here my whole life and yet have never seen the parade live and up close. Can you believe it? My father-in-law lives on Orange Grove close to the staging area and next year I am angling to spend the night and walk down the street to see the parde. Hey, how are you feeling? Is your bronchitis better?
great photos, looks like fun!! I really want to do that next year....
Very nice perk living in Pasadena. It's such a pretty area.
Post a Comment