1. Sleeping in until 10am--thanks to my babysitter, NOGGIN.
2. An early lunch at In-N-Out with Dana and some diet coke.
3. Finally getting some computer time in for the day and reading this sweet post.
4. Scoring on diapers for Hannah at Target that were randomly on clearance (30% off!)--PLUS I had $1.50 off coupons to use as well!
5. Finding a totally cute shirt at Target for $9.99. I may be a devout Nordstrom shopper (at least in my pre-children-and-working-full-time days), but seriously you can find some cute stuff at Target for a bargain.
6. Trying on my favorite white summer skirt and having it fit! YAY! The return to pre-pregnancy weight is s.l.o.w.l.y. coming along. (SLOWLY is the operative word there...)
7. Getting Hannah in bed and asleep before 6pm! Ahhh, some much needed peace and quiet.
8. Discovering a new favorite website.
9. Will Ferrell on SNL tonight. I hope it's as funny as I am anticipating it to be.
10. Telling Sammy about his surgery and having him take it pretty well. He seemed to have an understanding of what was going to happen on Monday. While I'm sure he doesn't understand the severity of it, but at least he knows now that he will be spending the night at the hospital, his legs will be in casts leaving him unable to walk, and that he will have a wheelchair to help him get around.
I could also do a "10 reasons why today was lame." Such as--I still have a headache (day 10) and my sink is filled to the brim with dishes since my dishwasher is still not fixed (I'm getting a new one on Monday), but I'm trying to stop complaining all the time. Trying.
7 comments:
Love the 10 reasons list! And excellent on the diapers. Good thing you ended up going!
Glad to hear that Sammy's taking it well so far.
And glad we could hang out with you today. See you tomorrow!
Love the list. :) And I think your new favorite website might have to be one of mine too... very funny. Dana's post was really sweet... made me miss hanging out. Good luck on Monday! Glad Sammy took the news well.
I checked out the "awkward" blog, SO DANG FUNNY!!!
What a great day it was!! In N Out + diet Coke + cute new shirt + awkward family photos + Will Ferrell = happy!!
We'll be praying for Sammy tomorrow. He's the coolest kid ever!
Doris,
When you get a chance, send me an e-mail. I suffered from severe migraines after I had Brittney (maybe it is the 3rd baby and being over 30!). I can tell you what I finally ended up needing to do, if you are interested. You can't go on with headaches every day. Found out it's not very healthy for you....
Good luck with Sammy's surgery.
Sandy
I loved this post! Dana's blog post on you was great. I loved the photos! And the "Awkward Family Photos" - so hilarious! Hey, if you think about me, I'll join you at In-N-Out to get a Diet Coke fix for the day with you!
Great post! And wait to go on being positive! You've inspired me!
Post a Comment