Sunday, March 14, 2010

Clippers Meet and Greet

If you've been reading this blog for a while now, you know that the boys are big Clippers fans. One of the players, Eric Gordon, was making an appearance at a Kia dealership in Orange County on Sunday afternoon, so we drove down there to check it out.

We didn't tell Sammy where we were going (or why) until we got there and he saw everyone in line. When it was finally our turn, I could tell that Sammy was a little shy and he kept lifting up his leg to show Eric his shorts.

**Side note: Sammy is really into wearing his Clippers shorts (that are way too big for him) and shirt. He puts it on every day as soon as he gets home from school or church or where ever we've been. He calls it his uniform and tells me that he's got to get ready for the game--and then he'll proceed to play basketball in the family room.**

So he points to the Clippers logo on his shorts and tells Eric:

"Look--I play for the Clippers"

Fortunately Eric and the Fan Patrol girls (i.e. cheerleaders) that were with him thought that Sammy and Hannah were totally adorable and he went along with it and told Sammy:

"You do? I do too."

Sammy was beaming. Eric signed their basketballs and I took some quick pictures and we were done. The pictures are terrible because the sun was coming in behind where they were sitting and I was trying to rush because of the long line behind us.

Oh--and we also saw Muno (well, a cardboard cut-out of him). The kids, especially Helene, were really excited about it. Great photo-op--I couldn't resist.

5 comments:

Shannon Brown said...

That's so cute.

lyndsey said...

that is the cutest story EVER. haha i love it. little sammy...so adorable.

april b said...

Your kids are so cute! What a fun day!

B Brown said...

Mike can hardly wait to share experiences like this with Max. That, and Legos. Sammy will love to look back on this stuff.

LauraT said...

Great pictures. What a great memory for Sammy.