Saturday, April 26, 2008

I think she is scarred for life

I just have to include an addendum to this post.

Thursday night, Hannah woke up crying and saying over and over "scary, scary Dinosaurs scary." I comforted as best I could and she went back to sleep.

Tonight when I was getting her into bed and the lights were off, she was quiet for a moment and then told me again "mom, dinosaurs SCARY".

Great. Now we both need therapy--me for guilt, and her for the scary dinosaurs. Again, why don't people warn you BEFORE you have kids that motherhood is all about guilt and worry.

3 comments:

B Brown said...

Ok, so I have to know...where did this fear of dinosaurs come from? Mostly just so I can try and avoid it with mine ;) By the way, LOVE the brownie pan!

Nicole said...

Don't worry, fears just get worse as they grow older. For Savannah's 2nd birthday she went on every ride at disneyland . now that she's 3 1/2 she won't even touch winnie the pooh with a 10 foot pole, forget pirates. they get smarter, they get more frightened. good luck!!

The Facks of Life said...

Mia went through a monster phase and was having nightmares all the time. Now I'm just super paranoid about what she watches. Max has to be very selective when Mia is around. The difference between boys and girls is crazy. Good luck...it'll pass. And, don't feel guilty, I'm sure I've done way worse things to scar my kids.