Thursday, April 9, 2009

Are you a purist or a mixer?

I'm talking about soda.

While at In-n-Out today waiting for my turn to fill my soda cup (yes, we go there quite often), I observed some interesting soda habits that people have. Iced tea and Coke, Coke and lemonade, Dr. Pepper/Lemonade/Coke/Root Beer, and I got to thinking about how people come about with their soda preferences. What makes you decide to add a little extra to your drink?

I am an absolute purist. One soda only. Lots of ice. No mixing of anything. Other people I know have a specific mix with specific amounts, so they always go in to get their soda and don't use the drive-thru.

Interesting.

Am I missing out on this one? Fill me in on your favorite mix...maybe I need to broaden my tastes in soda.

6 comments:

Angela said...

I stopped mixing sodas (I believe it had the very insensitive name "suicide") in about the sixth grade.

Some of those drink combos you listed are disgusting. They should be outlawed at a place as wonderful as In-N-Out!

Nat said...

I'm right there with you on not mixing...purist all the way. My little brother used to do the whole "suicide" thing and it made me SICK. Diet coke. Light on the ice. :)

dana said...

Mix it up! I think you know my flavor...mostly diet coke with a little bit of Dr. Pepper on top. Adds a sweet twist. And sometimes a lemon in there too.
But I mix everything... various cereals together, cottage cheese with yogurt, etc.

Oh, and lots of ice in my drink. I like it REAL cold.
Funny post.

Jean said...

I am an absolute purist. I am so confused by all the kids who mix a bunch of sodas together. Haha! Crazy kids.

La La Land said...

Purist, but one exception is Diet Coke (heavy on the ice) with a dash of lemonade. I used to be a waitress, and when things were slow we would create concoctions and try to guess what they were. Fun, but gross!

sachia said...

Funny post! I don't walk down this road. I buy my Diet Coke in cans so I know exactly how much caffeine I am getting, guess I'm a controlled addict.