Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Trader Joe's Tuesday: Pecan Pie Tartes

Another new discovery at Trader Joe's. It's a dessert. Big surprise, I know.

I actually bought these for Samuel to try since he loves pecan pie, but I don't buy it too often because I won't eat it (yes, it IS soooo yummy, but oh so fattening!). So the only time I will get one is at Thanksgiving or when it's "$5.99 for any pie" month at Marie Callender's, then we both indulge: pecan pie for Sam and coconut cream for me. But I digress...

These are really cute and tasty little tartes--the perfect single serving size (i.e. fairly large portion). The best thing about them is how fresh they taste! These are found in the frozen section and you just thaw them for 30-60 minutes at room temperature, but seriously you would never know they were frozen. The crust is really moist and the pecan filling is fresh tasting and just plain yummy.

Samuel told me that I should blog about these because of how good they were and that I should name the post "Desserts to feed your husband that will make him happy". So there you go. That's pretty high praise coming from him.

4 comments:

Jean said...

Ooooh, I do love me some pecan pie!! I love Sam's comment... haha!

B Brown said...

I'm with you, have not always been a pecan pie fan. These sound worth trying.

Desserts that make your husband happy... I bet we could do a 10 page blog on those!

La La Land said...

Sounds sooo good! I'm with you on the coconut cream pie, though. Oh, I miss Trader Joes!!!

dana said...

I think I need to stay away from these...and the lemon that you may post next week :)